#1  
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:18
dazigzag dazigzag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Arrow Livestream Crashes when opened

I know it's Beta so i'm posting to help out instead of demeaning you like alot of people would.


Simple, i think. i just literally installed the beta. it logged in fine and then 2 seconds after it logged in it told me to look at a file named "ppc.errlog" and then it quits on itself. i've tried re-installing and that was unsuccessful. i am unable to find the file its specified to tell me to look at but if i find it i'll post its data ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:08
bettermeplz bettermeplz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Default Similar problem

Mine does not actually make it to the log in screen. Something flashes in the middle of the screen for a second and then it's non-reponsive. I don't know what info is helpful for you, but I'm on an intel based macbook laptop running Snow Leopard.

So far it's not running at all. Good luck! Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:59
Misskaikai Misskaikai is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default

strange that, I'm running 10.5 on my macbook pro which I'm assuming would be leopard. and it works fine for me. I guess it has something to do with snow leopard and intel.
I don't know that much about computers but maybe it was designed for a slightly different OS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:06
dazigzag dazigzag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettermeplz View Post
Mine does not actually make it to the log in screen. Something flashes in the middle of the screen for a second and then it's non-reponsive. I don't know what info is helpful for you, but I'm on an intel based macbook laptop running Snow Leopard.

So far it's not running at all. Good luck! Can't wait.

actually im on a Macbook Pro With SL as well

so were in a similar boat. just are problems do vary... i hope i can find that file it told me about..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:54
gershonisound gershonisound is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Default Crashing after install

Hi,

I am also encountering a similar Mac Procaster crash. System: Macbook pro - 2.2GHz intel Core 2 Duo w. 4gb of ram / OSX: 10.5.8

I installed the app > logged into the system via the app > app opened for a min and then crashes every time.

I've restarted my machine and same thing occurs. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for making this Mac version available! Glad to help work out the bugs.
-G
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:12
liorm liorm is offline
Procaster Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazigzag View Post
I know it's Beta so i'm posting to help out instead of demeaning you like alot of people would.


Simple, i think. i just literally installed the beta. it logged in fine and then 2 seconds after it logged in it told me to look at a file named "ppc.errlog" and then it quits on itself. i've tried re-installing and that was unsuccessful. i am unable to find the file its specified to tell me to look at but if i find it i'll post its data ASAP.
Hi Dazigzag

Is it a Power PC machine? if so you can try to use QT encoder (change at the procaster_global.xml). In addition, if you could send us (procaster@livestream.com) a screen shot of the error it could be helpful. please provide a brief description in the email to identify it

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:13
liorm liorm is offline
Procaster Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gershonisound View Post
Hi,

I am also encountering a similar Mac Procaster crash. System: Macbook pro - 2.2GHz intel Core 2 Duo w. 4gb of ram / OSX: 10.5.8

I installed the app > logged into the system via the app > app opened for a min and then crashes every time.

I've restarted my machine and same thing occurs. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for making this Mac version available! Glad to help work out the bugs.
-G
Hi gershonisound

if you could send us (procaster@livestream.com) a screen shot, the qt.log file (from /Applications/Livestream Procaster/Contents/Resources) and the crash report (select all and copy from the OSX crash dialog) of the error it could be helpful. please provide a brief description in the email to identify it

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:15
dazigzag dazigzag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liorm View Post
Hi Dazigzag

Is it a Power PC machine? if so you can try to use QT encoder (change at the procaster_global.xml). In addition, if you could send us (procaster@livestream.com) a screen shot of the error it could be helpful. please provide a brief description in the email to identify it

thanks
Lior, Livestream
I have an Intel based Macbook Pro ( i believe all of the Macbooks are intel based now) I'll Post the Screenshot up on this thread as well if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:33
dazigzag dazigzag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default



this is the Error that i received upon opening. And yes, thats captain fricken america
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th November 2009, 17:03
peshphoto peshphoto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Default

I am also getting it to start, then a few moments later, it dies. Here is the qt.log. I am on a mac pro, intel, snow leopard.

INFO - GO LIVE
INFO - ON DEMAND
INFO - AUTO PILOT
INFO - AUTO PILOT
INFO - CHANNEL PAGE
INFO - OUTPUT X change
INFO - OUTPUT Y change
INFO - VIDEO TARGET FRAME RATE
INFO - VIDEO TARGET BITARATE
INFO - KEYFRAME INTERVAL
INFO - AUDIO TARGET BITRATE
INFO - SHOW MOUSE
INFO - SHOW PREVIEW
INFO - HIGHLIGHT MOUSE
INFO - HIGHLIGHT MOUSE
INFO - MINIMIZE WINDOW
INFO - MINIMIZE WINDOW
INFO - SAVE VIDEO
INFO - SAVE VIDEO
INFO - BROADCAST START
INFO - BROADCAST STOP
INFO - ZOOM IN
INFO - ZOOM OUT
INFO - CAMERA
INFO - 2D
INFO - 3D
INFO - CAPTURE
INFO - MINIMIZE
INFO - GreenBrackets
INFO - SLIDER VOLUME AUDIO SETTINGS
WARN - QThread::setPriority: Cannot set priority, thread is not running
INFO - Can't load h264 encoder parameters from file /Applications/Livestream Procaster.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/h264.par
INFO - onChangeVideoSourceListCmd
INFO - onChangeVideoSourceListCmd
INFO - onChangeAudioSourceListCmd
INFO - onChangeAudioSourceListCmd
WARN - QThread::setPriority: Cannot set priority, thread is not running
WARN - QThread::setPriority: Cannot set priority, thread is not running
WARN - QThread::setPriority: Cannot set priority, thread is not running
WARN - QThread::wait: Thread tried to wait on itself
WARN - QThread::wait: Thread tried to wait on itself
INFO - TAB BROADCAST
INFO - TAB CHAT
INFO - TAB BROADCAST
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beta, crash, dazigzag, livestream, mac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump