Old 3rd October 2008, 03:30

Default Use uploaded file as master

What exactly does this do? I don't understand what having master and slave media clips would benefit from. Any insight?

btw, thanks for adding aspect ratio. No more stretchy movies makes my day. on another note, can i just click the re-import button for currently stretchy clips and it will fix it, or do I have to re-upload all of those for the correct aspect ratio to be corrected.

edit: Apparently old clips aren't still stored on the server. How long are clips stored on the server so it can be reinported. I tried my theory out and was received with a error message talking about "Failed to ingest metadata." which i assume is the upload Pre-encode.

Last edited by Lurknjerk; 3rd October 2008 at 04:55.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:47
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurknjerk View Post
What exactly does this do? I don't understand what having master and slave media clips would benefit from. Any insight?

btw, thanks for adding aspect ratio. No more stretchy movies makes my day. on another note, can i just click the re-import button for currently stretchy clips and it will fix it, or do I have to re-upload all of those for the correct aspect ratio to be corrected.

edit: Apparently old clips aren't still stored on the server. How long are clips stored on the server so it can be reinported. I tried my theory out and was received with a error message talking about "Failed to ingest metadata." which i assume is the upload Pre-encode.
The "Use uploaded file as master" may offer the option to stream in the video's native format, (.mp4) as opposed to the trans coded flash video (.flv format) which Mogulus normally converts to? Anybody try this function yet?

Last edited by davidaron; 4th October 2008 at 02:46.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:22

Interesting this may allow for greater quality, i shall try it out later.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:58

Well, I uploaded a file as master along side a similar file that wasn't and I don't see any difference at all. The new format button shows that it was encoded exactly the same way, and I don't see any new options or anything that differentiates it from another file that didn't have that box checked. Can anyone from Mogulus's team enlighten us?

Edit: Just saw the new post. This is what it explains it to be

The "Use File as Master" option allows you to upload an FLV video without it being re-encoded by Mogulus servers. This is great if you have existing videos that have been encoded in VP6 using On2 Flix Standard or Flix Pro encoders.
When the Use File as Master box is checked the file will not be transcoded and will be streamed exactly as it was encoded by you.

I'm guessing I didn't notice any difference because it wasn't a FLV file to begin with.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurknjerk View Post
Well, I uploaded a file as master along side a similar file that wasn't and I don't see any difference at all. The new format button shows that it was encoded exactly the same way, and I don't see any new options or anything that differentiates it from another file that didn't have that box checked. Can anyone from Mogulus's team enlighten us?

Edit: Just saw the new post. This is what it explains it to be

The "Use File as Master" option allows you to upload an FLV video without it being re-encoded by Mogulus servers. This is great if you have existing videos that have been encoded in VP6 using On2 Flix Standard or Flix Pro encoders.
When the Use File as Master box is checked the file will not be transcoded and will be streamed exactly as it was encoded by you.

I'm guessing I didn't notice any difference because it wasn't a FLV file to begin with.
Ahh, right, LnJ.
Thank you.

This is nice, We just need to remember to keep the bit rates as specified: 400Kbps video / 64Kbps audio, 480x360, 25fps.

Interesting to note Mogulus doesn't encode to 30fps. I always thought it did, and the player was just dropping frames!
Old 5th October 2008, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
Ahh, right, LnJ.
Thank you.

This is nice, We just need to remember to keep the bit rates as specified: 400Kbps video / 64Kbps audio, 480x360, 25fps.

Interesting to note Mogulus doesn't encode to 30fps. I always thought it did, and the player was just dropping frames!
I added Excel Saga (an anime series) to my channel, I did 1-6 normal, and 7+ with this feature.

All .flv and you can totally see a difference in quality, very nice. I hope they let you allow .mkv some day lol
Old 5th October 2008, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkzJr View Post
I added Excel Saga (an anime series) to my channel, I did 1-6 normal, and 7+ with this feature.

All .flv and you can totally see a difference in quality, very nice. I hope they let you allow .mkv some day lol
That's great!
What's .mkv, btw?

Last edited by davidaron; 5th October 2008 at 07:32.
Old 5th October 2008, 16:11

MKV allows for different audio tracks. It's popular for anime.
Old 6th October 2008, 01:56

Red face

Thanks, LnJ. That would be a cool function.
Old 27th October 2008, 15:39

Unhappy Use upload files as master

what does this mean? does this mean use the aspect size as master. or does it mean the first thig you will see is that uploaded file. please help as im intregued but i dont want to touch it =S

Tags
confused