#21  
Old 1st April 2010, 10:28
BIGYack BIGYack is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Default When Broadcasting on Mac

Hello,

as I noticed I have the same issues from last nihgt on. There is no trouble while watching sterams from Livestream, but Opera, Firefox and Safari crash everytime when I approve Flash to "contact" my camera (CamTwist, actually) in Webcaster or Studio.

This encounters on a "strong" computer, I am running all of my TV software on a Mac Pro 8-Core.

Can this be fixed?

Thakn you,
BIG_Yack
  #22  
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:04
naevorc naevorc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinThompson View Post
I havnt been getting crashes but I have been getting alot of lag.
When watching either a live stream thats streaming a game/desktop/youtube videos and watching something from a VOD library. It loads up, plays like 1 or 2 seconds then freezes then loads again plays another 0.5 seconds stops again loads again plays another 0.5 seconds etc etc.

I've also tried multiple browsers and computers. Its not due to my internet connection because my internet monitor tells me im downloading very slowly, not using my full bandwidth, so this means either:

-the flash player doesnt buffer correctly

or

-Livestreams upload speed is... well c***

Any thoughts?
I'm having this EXACT same issue, any help or insight into this would be very much appreciated.
  #23  
Old 5th April 2010, 10:24
RickStern RickStern is offline
Livestream Project Manager
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naevorc View Post
I'm having this EXACT same issue, any help or insight into this would be very much appreciated.
What are your current PC/Mac Specs? Also, which browser, version, and Flash Player are you running?

Please provide me with the results of www.speedtest.net as well.

-
Rick Stern
  #24  
Old 7th April 2010, 01:55
jmodum90 jmodum90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStern View Post
What are your current PC/Mac Specs? Also, which browser, version, and Flash Player are you running?

Please provide me with the results of www.speedtest.net as well.

-
Rick Stern
I'm getting the same problems laid out here in regards to flash crashing. (livestream causes flash to crash, regardless of browser, and the problem persists across browsers).

I'm on a Mac with version 10.6.3 of the OS, 2.26 GHz processor, and 2GB RAM. I'm using Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2 in Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, all of which are running the latest browser version.

Here are my Speedtest results:
  #25  
Old 7th April 2010, 11:27
RickStern RickStern is offline
Livestream Project Manager
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmodum90 View Post
I'm getting the same problems laid out here in regards to flash crashing. (livestream causes flash to crash, regardless of browser, and the problem persists across browsers).

I'm on a Mac with version 10.6.3 of the OS, 2.26 GHz processor, and 2GB RAM. I'm using Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2 in Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, all of which are running the latest browser version.

Here are my Speedtest results:
Hi Jmodum90,

Thank you for that information.

Does the crash occur when broadcasting, managing the studio, etc, or when viewing a channel? Is there a crash report generated?

Do you have any desktop add-ons installed such as Google Desktop, etc? Any pop-up blockers or strict anti-virus applications running in the background?

Do you have any webcams active via usb?

-
Rick Stern
  #26  
Old 7th April 2010, 23:30
jmodum90 jmodum90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Default

The problem has actually cleared up but it occurred when I tried viewing a channel. Safari generated a crash report (that I wasn't really able to decipher) and no desktop add-ons or anti-virus software is installed. No special pop-up blockers other than what's enabled in the browsers by default.

Anyways, I did a lot of searching and found that a lot of people who had the same problem fixed it by repairing their disk permissions in Mac.

Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility -> Select your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD unless you've renamed it) -> Click "Repair Disk Permissions"

After that runs and you reboot it should work again. I'm not sure if uninstalling Flash is necessary for this to work but I did it anyway and then reinstalled after the reboot. (Before it's asked, yes, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before with no results. It was only after repairing disk permissions that I got the results.)
  #27  
Old 8th April 2010, 11:04
RickStern RickStern is offline
Livestream Project Manager
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmodum90 View Post
The problem has actually cleared up but it occurred when I tried viewing a channel. Safari generated a crash report (that I wasn't really able to decipher) and no desktop add-ons or anti-virus software is installed. No special pop-up blockers other than what's enabled in the browsers by default.

Anyways, I did a lot of searching and found that a lot of people who had the same problem fixed it by repairing their disk permissions in Mac.

Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility -> Select your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD unless you've renamed it) -> Click "Repair Disk Permissions"

After that runs and you reboot it should work again. I'm not sure if uninstalling Flash is necessary for this to work but I did it anyway and then reinstalled after the reboot. (Before it's asked, yes, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before with no results. It was only after repairing disk permissions that I got the results.)
Thanks for that information Jmodum90 - please let me know if the issue returns. I'm curious to see if it was in fact the hard drive causing issues with Flash.

-
Rick Stern
  #28  
Old 12th July 2010, 17:15
Mormoran Mormoran is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I'm having the same issue, it's crashing after a while watching.

I got the latest version of firefox, flash, java, windows updates, video drivers, audio drivers, VLC codecs, and on a fresh format (formated and did fresh install 2 days ago as of 12/07/2010).

I'm not sure if this is related, but it's giving me memory errors aswell, not every time, but sometimes. It says the memory cannot be written, and crashes completely. It even locked up last night, and I had to force reset the computer.

I'm gonna do a memtest86 just to make sure my RAM is not corrupt, but it only happens when watching livestream channels.
  #29  
Old 16th July 2010, 05:43
Neziam Neziam is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Having this issues too, livestream worked fine few days ago, now when i try to run it in google chrome, video loads indefinitely and firefox crashes, i double checked that everything is updated properly, even reinstalled flash, but it still won't load.
  #30  
Old 30th July 2011, 20:06
Moiraghan Moiraghan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Same here. Laptop HP G62, Windows 7, latest version of Google Chrome and Shockwave. It lets me log in on the pop up window however Shockwave crashes straight after that
Closed Thread

Tags
all browsers, crash, flash, livestream

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump