Old 10th January 2010, 13:55

I havnt been getting crashes but I have been getting alot of lag.
When watching either a live stream thats streaming a game/desktop/youtube videos and watching something from a VOD library. It loads up, plays like 1 or 2 seconds then freezes then loads again plays another 0.5 seconds stops again loads again plays another 0.5 seconds etc etc.

I've also tried multiple browsers and computers. Its not due to my internet connection because my internet monitor tells me im downloading very slowly, not using my full bandwidth, so this means either:

-the flash player doesnt buffer correctly

or

-Livestreams upload speed is... well c***

Any thoughts?
Old 28th January 2010, 05:24

Default Me too

I run XP and Firefox 3.5.7 and the latest version of Adobe Flash. This tool looks neat but I'm reluctant to use it if there's a good risk of it crashing.

Are these guys aware of this? Seems like a pretty important issue.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:34

Unhappy <bump> me 100th

I've been having the same problem since January. I can get livestream to work for 5 minutes or maybe a single on demand vid, but soon enough, it causes my browsers to crash. Moreover, when I try to start back up, trying to reload not only livestream not only automatically crashes the brrowser, but the other sites that I was on (especially gmail and nytimes) as well. The only thing that fixes this is when I restart my computer, which automatically sets me back to maybe being able to get livestream to play for a couple minutes before it crashes all over again.

I've tried this on two different macbooks. I'm shocked that there's only been one admin response to this thread and that was back in November.
HELP!
Old 10th March 2010, 20:10

Default bump

I have been getting this problem too. At first the video would just stutter and I'd have to pause/play and it would go for about 15 seconds then start stuttering again.

I tried using the flash uninstall tool+reinstalling flash and now the video runs fine until the automatic ad break counts down, then IE freezes and crashes.

I'm using vista and the latest version of IE.
Old 14th March 2010, 15:02

Default Just installed and crashing

Shockwave crashes with ie and chrome, it work briefly but now crashes everytime.
Old 15th March 2010, 03:19

Default Happens to me too

I'm running OS X 10.6.2 and Flash version 10,0,42,34.

Live stream consistently crashes my Flash player in Chrome (5.0.307.11 beta), Safari(4.0.5) and Firefox (3.5.8).

The worst part of it is that Flash stays broken across all three browsers until I restart. Following a crash in one browser, any of the three will freeze whenever I load any page that contains Flash. Since many, many websites use flash somewhere, this is a big problem.

Obviously there is something wrong with Flash on the mac that allows such a crash to persist across processes.

But the issue remains that livestream is the only site I've encountered so far that produces such a crash.

Livestream has a lot of great content. I hope that can remedy this quickly.
Old 15th March 2010, 05:35

Default same problem here

I'm using OSX 10.6.2. I have just reinstalled the Flash Player, updated Safari and Firefox... still doesn't work. The Flash Player crashes as soon as i open livestream.com or any livestream.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:26

Same problem for me as well, on all browsers
Old 21st March 2010, 08:29

same problem for me too

http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3271
Old 1st April 2010, 05:49

ok, it works now. Thanks for fixing!

Tags
all browsers, crash, flash, livestream