Old 29th October 2009, 17:11

Default ...

there are many problems... sigh ...

but Why can't I show a SECOND SCREEN DESKTOP !?
and ... why can't i use a 2 o 3 web camera?? but only one?!?
Old 29th October 2009, 17:23

Actually works rather fine. Just a pitty that the screencasting selection brackets are limited to 4:3 aspect ratio and appear in the recording.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:27

so will there ever be a 10.4.x version?
Old 29th October 2009, 18:09

Exclamation Error Error Error. Memorey

Starts up fine, then dies before i can press anything. I'm thinking (from my small mac developer experience) that this is a memeorey problem.

Thanks
Az

ERROR REPORT:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV...doNzhkcA&hl=en
Old 30th October 2009, 01:27

Send a message via Skype™ to RockWithJake

Procaster Mac has been working great for me. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is why the audio source comes from my built-in mic and not from the desktop.

If it were possible, I'd like to have both go at the same time, but right now, I'd much prefer desktop as the prime audio source.

Also, I forgot to mention that in the audio, the only two sources that come up for me are Built in microphone and Built in Input, yet both stream from my microphone.

Last edited by RockWithJake; 30th October 2009 at 03:11.
Old 30th October 2009, 13:18
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

Yes, we are addressing only Mac 10.5 and above currently...

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 30th October 2009, 13:31
Procaster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamrocks View Post
Starts up fine, then dies before i can press anything. I'm thinking (from my small mac developer experience) that this is a memeorey problem.

Thanks
Az

ERROR REPORT:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV...doNzhkcA&hl=en
Hi Az

this seems like some problem with Webkit browser. what browsers do you have installed? any special plugins?

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 31st October 2009, 04:11

I'm running 10.6 and this beta is very slow, it takes like half a minute for the icon in the dock to stop bouncing and the app to start and then it seems to constantly lock up and pinwheel making it virtually impossible to log in. The one time I did get it to log-in it came back saying that it couldn't log-in.

Quite frustrating.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:54

Actually, what I have typed below might be related with what RockWithJake wrote. I just didn't quite realize it until I typed it all out haha. Half of what I wrote might be solved with the change of audio source?

I just started playing with it and so far I'm very pleased. Nothing has crashed, stopped working or prevented me from doing anything which is good to see (besides the macs built-in camera not working but there's no need since the mac procaster has it's own camera option) but the only thing that I have been noticing is that there is a lag of about 10 - 15 seconds from when I do something on my screen to when the screen the viewers would see shows it. (this includes the sound my my loud typing haha) I don't know if it was like that with the PC version as well since I don't own one to compare. Also anything said that's verbal takes even longer, probably around 20-25 seconds for me to hear it back (it's harder to tell if the music lags because I'd be hearing it louder anyway since I'm the one playing it). Now I don't know if the viewers watching would hear/see everything a lot quicker then I would or if it's a group "me and them" kind of thing. I would only assume it has to do with the computer of the individual watching it but that wouldn't make sense as to why my own mac would show the delay on screen when the little mini screen at the bottom left shows things as I'm doing them instantly. I understand that anything live will have a small time delay but 10-30 seconds seems like a long time.

But if it means anything, everything else that I could think of testing out works perfectly. I only mentioned the lag because I don't know if that's a generic thing that happens to all programs like this or if it's actually not supposed to happen with this particular one.

EDIT: Also the camera mode lags a lot as well.

I'm so glad and excited that you guys decided to make a mac version of this though and I loved playing with it so far. With or without the lag I will be using it all the same.

Last edited by MobsterGoose; 31st October 2009 at 13:57.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:08

Default How do I set it to the 2nd Display?

in the new Mac version, I don't see any place to choose 2nd desktop display.

The 1st desktop is our controller screen (which we don't want broadcasted). Any ideas how to change which desktop display to broadcast?
Closed Thread

Tags
procaster mac livestream