Old 17th October 2009, 00:44

Default Fix The Disabling Of That To The Way It Was

out of 8,000 live channels tonight mine showed up as number 5.
I was hit by the spammers AGAIN!

I solved the problem a four weeks back by disabling the chat in the configuration page.
This disabled the chat on the livestream page, yet let us use the chat on our embedded pages.

Two weeks ago, livetream made some change that caused the chat enable flag in the embedded code to be ignored and I had to enable the chat on the configuration page to get it to work on my embedded pages.

Now, with my page being displayed in the top 20 channels, I am being hit buy those spammers from other livestream channels.

This has got to stop.

I have spent months, lining up sponsors so I can afford the two to 3 thousand dollar a month premium channel charges. Every time I get close to having enough sponsors committed, I get spammed and I lose some of the sponsors.

I just got a commitment from a major southern college to be the exclusive carrier for all their home games. I will demo our capability by carrying their homecoming game on November 7th. They have three sponsors, a nation wide bank, a car dealer and a large retailer.

I absolutely MUST have the chat disabled on the livestream site prior to the first broadcast on the 7th.

I have detailed this problem several times an have gotten NO response of any sort from Livestream.

Here are just some of the offending lines posted by spammers during tonights high school game. These were seen by: the owner of the radio station, the Mayor, the principal, the athletics director, and two members of the county commission,

20:43 Maury : any of you girls need to find out who the father is? www.mauryshow.com
20:44 Maury : greetings
20:44 CoachToast : trips left you need a role model
20:46 Maury : FREE DNA TESTS COME ON MY SHOW 877-DNA-CENTER
20:46 Kenny Powers : misty is a c u n t, just saying
20:47 Maury : if she wants she can use my C O C K as a mic to sing
20:48 Maury : sorry I get carried away, but if you do want to sing music into my P E N I S visit mauryshow.com
20:48 Maury changed their nickname to Harry.
20:49 Harry changed their nickname to mlsty.
20:49 misty changed their nickname to Misty.
20:49 Kenny Powers : misty is still a c u n t, just saying
20:49 mlsty changed their nickname to Mlsty.
20:50 pogo the clown : misty is a size queen
20:50 Misty changed their nickname to misty.
20:50 Mlsty : I am a total size queen, you white guys don't interest me
20:50 misty : THey keep changing their name to mine so I will get banned
20:51 TheGreenBastard : such language
20:51 pogo the clown : misty you are a ho
20:51 Kenny Powers : Misty love nlgger cocck in her fart box

20:51 Participation in the chat room has been disabled for viewers of this channel.

None of the above got to our vierwer vis our web page, They wound us on the livestream guide.

Please call me at 850 459 2622 ASAP so I can decide, I either need this problem solved or abandon the whole idea of broadcasting a live channel.

+
Old 17th October 2009, 01:09

just wait for the new chat to come in with the beta they are working on...no clue this is here they are going to move back to the other boards...

new chat has ip banning and others...I haven't even use any of the beta stuff till I can test it with the new chat so wait.
Old 17th October 2009, 09:16

WAIT!

Wait for WHAT?

Why am I supposed to wait for a feature that will not help me one bit?

Once these idiots find my channel on the Livestream guide, it is to late. Any sort of banning, (IP or otherwise) is too late! They post the crap, everyone sees it, and then I am supposed to ban them?

Why can't I go back to the way I had it a few weeks ago and not let those idiots see our channel has chat?

Our viewers find our embedded channel on our web page because of advertising in our market.

The spamming idiots find, and attack, our channel through the Livestream guide and their own Livestream channels.

All I needed was to disable chat on the Livestream viewers and these idiots will never be able to post the offensive junk in the first place. Problem solved. End of story.

Just fix whatever Livestream screwed up. The channel configuration page has a check box to disable chat. Turn chat off there and the spammer problem is solved. Then fix the embedded code back like it was. If the chat is enabled in the embedded viewer is shows up on our web site, but not on the Livestream viewers.

The problem is so simple. Fix the code so that the parameter in the embedded code works.

The two options:
&chatEnabled=false
&chatEnabled=true
should BOTH be made to work again.

As it is now, the "&chatEnabled=true" does not work. It will not turn on chat in the embedded viewer when the chat on the Livestream site is disabled.
FIX IT NOW.

When fixed, those spammers on the Livestream site will not be able to post even the first spam, none of my viewers will see even one obsessional line. I, and my five chat moderators will not have to ban them, and we can concentrate on our content.
Old 18th October 2009, 01:26

there is going to be a new player to from beta that be can add to site where you can disable the chat that comes with it or embed the the chat from the new channel on the site as well.

Cant ask them to fix something from the old players and chat without checking what the new one is going to do. Since even on the user guide they said once the beta is over the channels.

wait for the new chat to see if you can disable it...dont post here in beta about the old one when we trying to get the new one to work....
Old 18th October 2009, 10:04

OK, so, in the new "BETA" , will I be able to enable the Livestream chat on the embedded viewers while the chat is disabled on the Livestream guide page?
Old 19th October 2009, 00:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallasseetimes View Post
OK, so, in the new "BETA" , will I be able to enable the Livestream chat on the embedded viewers while the chat is disabled on the Livestream guide page?
If I am reading how the chat will work we should have more control on how to deal with though not sure how the homepage guide thing will work since they are changing everything...since the chat is not up (and this is a good thing) instead of asking for a fix asking for it as a new features so it there as at from the start rather then later...cause we only have two months before any change that not in is set up for launch for everything (if I am reading the user guide thing right)
Old 21st October 2009, 12:18
Livestream Europe

Dear Tallasseetimes,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will look into the issue and fix this as soon as possible.

Mark