Old 12th October 2009, 00:11

Question Problem adding to a storyboard

Hey... I know this seems simple as hell but I can't do it.

I looked at the help file and I see that it shows I should just drag and drop and a green "+" icon appears... this does not happen.

It just lets me move it around... I get a red "x" if I try to put it else wheres... where I shouldn't basically. But no green "+".

This drives me crazy... I've tried this in 3 different browsers and still NOTHING.

A little help please.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:37

Ok, so I figured out one issue.

I was trying to drag and drop entirely on the left side. I see that you are supposed to drag FROM your youtube results and such into Storyboards.

Well, is there anyway to organize what you already have uploaded? Do I have to reconvert if I decide to change things around?
Old 19th October 2009, 13:08

Again, why does this forum exist.. no one has even READ this topic.

I've been told that this isn't where livestream does its official support you have to email them one on one (which I think is lame as no one else can benefit from the discussion but either way)... I tried that too and guess what... no response.

I still can't move things around once they are in my "library" and I have no clue if it's supposed to even be possible. Not sure why I even bothered typing this as no one is reading this so I'm typing to hear myself type essentially!
Old 19th October 2009, 14:15

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Again, why does this forum exist.. no one has even READ this topic.

I've been told that this isn't where livestream does its official support you have to email them one on one (which I think is lame as no one else can benefit from the discussion but either way)... I tried that too and guess what... no response.
Yo....Has it ever occurred to you that the LiveStream team members each have lives OF THEIR OWN???? They can't be sitting here babying you on how to do things on here. That's what all the HELP DOCUMENTATION is for. You DID read it, did you?
Quote:
I still can't move things around once they are in my "library" and I have no clue if it's supposed to even be possible.
You can do this simply by putting your mouse over the video and dragging it either up or down BY LEFT CLICKING ON THE VIDEO & MOVING YOUR MOUSE. That means you actually have to do hand movement.
Quote:
Not sure why I even bothered typing this as no one is reading this so I'm typing to hear myself type essentially!
Hey the service here isn't like it is at a fast food joint, if you expect that kind of service, you are DEFINATELY in the wrong place.

Bottom line - LIGHTEN UP & STOP DEMANDING SO F***IN MUCH.

Sheesh! Some people just aren't thankful for the support they DO get......

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO

Last edited by asmyworldturns; 19th October 2009 at 14:19.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:11

Thumbs down

hmmm... check it:

12th October 2009, 03:11
*first post*

Today (19th of October), 16:08
*last post*

I think it's fair to say that I have been patient and respected the fact that other people have lives... is it too much to ask that my question be answered, or at least acknowledged, in a WEEK?!

I wish you were my customer if I didn't have to get around to even recognizing you had a problem for over a week!

Did you even read my first post, or do you just like to fly off the handle at people?

"I looked at the help file and I see that it shows I should just drag and drop and a green "+" icon appears... this does not happen."

So, yes, I read the help file as I SAID I did... and Yes, I have tried to drag and drop and it doesn't work.

In my second post (which I guess it's safe to assume you didn't read that either), I said that I can drag things from the youtube search results but I can't add videos to my storyboard that are on the left side.

My question is can you move vids (say a recorded stream) to a story board?

Demanding (apparently) too F'ing much,
Gilligan
Old 19th October 2009, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmyworldturns View Post

Sheesh! Some people just aren't thankful for the support they DO get......

Cheers
Btw... what support did I get?
Old 19th October 2009, 15:15
Livestream Project Manager

Hey Guys,

If you have a specific issue that you cannot troubleshoot on your own, or with the help of other Producers, feel free to contact us directly at info@livestream.com

We'd be happy to help.

- Rick Stern
Livestream Producer Support
Old 19th October 2009, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStern View Post
Hey Guys,

If you have a specific issue that you cannot troubleshoot on your own, or with the help of other Producers, feel free to contact us directly at info@livestream.com

We'd be happy to help.

- Rick Stern
Livestream Producer Support
Hey Rick, is that the same as http://www.livestream.com/support/feedback

Because I did do that at the same time and haven't heard back.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:23

Default Also cannot move files

I agree that the interface for handling files is terrible- I watch the video and it shows them moving storyboard or folders but in real life they mostly do not do that. There is no proper search of help for this. It is not hard to do they only need to change the interface.

Ex. I go to manage library when actually the only choice there is to upload a video - hardly manage anything. There I have 3 story board but two are blue so you cannot upload to them so I am left with 1 gray folder which is used for auto pilot so after an upload it goes there but I want it on demand so I go to auto pilot and cannot move any of them out of Whats playing - it is very frustrating as they should make it work. One day I was a place to make a new story board but not in a couple of days - it no longer shows anywhere. IT is just totally goofy. And ever time I start up the control panel a video starts playing on the on demand tab and each time I have to switch it off - It is obvious that some can deal with this but I can't figure it out and I write and run websites - how to make control panel work and move files - if I have a few files in a story board not even a way to open it to see what is inside. I watched so many videos but the skip over all the parts that do not work. I try to drag just now a story board out of the center auto pilot playlist and it will not let me nor can I move any out of public on demand --- maybe I wlll make a video to show it and post on on youtube
Old 16th September 2010, 01:30

Well, I think I read somewhere that google is gonna release a live thing... maybe now livestream will step up their game!

Tags
adding, drag, drop, storyboard