Old 11th October 2009, 10:33

Update:

OK, now even the player has problems. Corner bug only show up on page load, on any resize the bug goes away. Even strangers is it wasn't doing that yesterday ???
http://sites.google.com/site/skippynutnow/
Old 13th October 2009, 12:11
Administrator

Default Hope this addresses everything

The on demand is now the library page. Videos are still in their folders.

We're very excited to be working on a pop-out chat feature. You'll be able to chat over a giant widescreen video. It's gonna be very cool.

Once we change to the new look, the old look will be gone. Like most things, it takes a little getting used to but by the time we're done with the beta, the new should be far superior to the old in every way. Rare in the case of movie sequels but very possible in the web world.

We are working on the placement of Events (i.e. closer to the top of the channel page)

The new Livestream chat should be unveiled sometime in the next few weeks & we look fwd to your feedback when it comes out.
Old 15th October 2009, 08:38

I don't get it ???? WHY is Livestream working so hard to look just like Ustream.tv ? Keep up the work and I will have a hard time telling the two apart.

You had the best player in the business, now you folks are makeing it as useless to embed as Ustream/YouTube/Justin Etc. One player with your Live stream AND your VOD content was perfect. I see the WHOLE Beta as a GIANT step towards being just like everyone else. ( and just as useless ).
http://sites.google.com/site/skippynutnow/
Old 15th October 2009, 14:57

Default I don`t see any changes

I`m seeing all the posts here, but I`m not seeing anything different than it was before. I`m in the USA. What are you guys & gals referring to?
Old 15th October 2009, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairWitch View Post
I`m seeing all the posts here, but I`m not seeing anything different than it was before. I`m in the USA. What are you guys & gals referring to?
http://www.livestream.com/blog/?p=2931

read the blog its all there
Old 24th November 2009, 21:02

The new layout makes me want to weep. The old one was clean looking and had a good chatbox. This new layout looks like a garbled myspace page. The 'related streams' have nothing to do with the ones I'm looking at, and spam change so often that it's distracting. Facebook and twitter options are just utter nonsense, if I want to update either, I can go to them and do it from there. The chatbox is squished and ugly looking too.

Unimpressed by it, I hope this eventually becomes an optional thing and we can choose to use the classic style.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:11

Smile Getting the old player back

Just put /old at the end of your stream URL for the old chat.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:39

Default A Good Thing Gone Bad

Somebody, without any video experience has taken it upon themselves to validate their job at LiveStream. The new player is poorly designed, lacks most of the needed and desired looks and controls. Having been on the forums for a long, long time, and having had great repoire with the LiveStream (mogulus) people, I am surprised that this passed the litmus test? I know their are some very reliable, learned people at LiveStream, and I hope they take heed and just go back to square one? Whoever designed the look and whoever approved the look, needs to look again.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:56

Thumbs down Bugs, quality, and ugly.

Bugs.
When a user is typing, and I have encountered many others with this issue, the screen tends to flash black, mostly on the ads. Not only is this horribly distracting, but annoying as well.

Quality.
The quality of the video feed has gone down. This is very noticeable, and bad, because many of the LS casters and watchers are here for art and learning. It's very difficult to watch another artist draw when its so pixelated, and artists dislike this as well since it downs the quality of their work.

Ugly.
The layout, as enough others have said, is anything but eye candy. Not like the first version was a masterpiece, but at least it wasn't annoying. I have to actually look back and forth to see between the chat and feed, because they aren't level with one another.
Also, the darker/black layout was wonderful before, as it helps a persons eyes keep on the 'screen' better, much like a television border.

If you could somehow make it an option for casters to display their channel in old or new version, that would be wonderful. I mean so would fixing all the issues too, but the option would be welcomed by many.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:07

I do not like this new layout at all.
The screen is alot smaller, and it doesnt occupy the whole screen space (big black borders).
The chat is not alligned and the white background makes the chat alot harder to read.
The on-demand is very annoing, the stream doesnt go on when you press "More Videos".
The description and links are way to low. No one notices them.

I cant find any good points to tell you the truth.

The old one was alot better in my opinion.