Old 20th September 2009, 23:10

Default I can't figure out wht the premium plan cost.

I started a free channel, my first month I have the following in the monthly report:

Bandwidth: additional usage at $0.00 per GB 744.92 GB $0.00

This says I used 745 GB of bandwidth.

The premium plan provides 25 GB for $350.00
So, in my first month I would be over the premium bandwidth by 720 BG.

If I understand the explaination of the plan I, and, upgrade to premium, i will be charged and additional $10,080.00 for the excess bandwidth.

This seems excessive for a channel that only had a max of 200 viewers the first month.

I lined up 5 sponsors based on the $350.00 a month cost. Now I see that I am not going to be able to cover the monthly overage fees, even at the current viewership. I was expecting to hold an official grand opening October 15th, since my viewership seems to be doubling every week, I needd an accurate explaination of the charges for my channel. I don't expect to increase the quality of the video to High or HD, but I do need th go premium to get the channel removed from the livestream page as having it there is ruining the channel.

Three other questions:
(1) The term "private channel", does it mean I can embed it in my web page and let anyone view it without having it available on the Livestream site?

(2) I currently have to clear off all videos over 48 hours old. I inteded to keep all recorded broadcasts for 1 week, I think I can fit all the files in the premium storage limits if they are not charged at DOUBLE actual amount. Is that bug going to be fixed before october 15th.
(3) Will having a premium channel guarnatee that on-demand and autopilot clips will play the same as the live broadcasts?

The channel is tallasseetimes.

Last edited by bobgrosh; 20th September 2009 at 23:50. Reason: accidental submit
Old 27th September 2009, 23:33

Default Livestream premium costs

Livestream is charging a ridiculous rate for bandwidth. Other streaming sites let you stream at unlimited bitrates for free. They even have real chat banning features. I've moved on to the other website.

But I'm still here reading the forum because livestream has the best looking website and procaster is a really good app.
Old 28th September 2009, 06:24

Arrow

Use http://www.livestream.com/estimator to see how much exactly You will have to pay.
Old 1st October 2009, 06:52

Thanks, The caculator shows that my first full month of operation would cost over $1,800.00
Since My viewership is doubling weekly, I can estimate it will cost over 6,000.00 for october.

This is way out of line. I had lined up 11 sponsors who agreed to a total of 1,000.00 per month to cover the 350.00 plus my expenses.

The only reason I have for going premium is to avoid having my channel shown on the livestream guide. All the viewers who enter my channel from livestream are intent on spaming the chat and destroying my channel. My regular viewers come from radio advertising.
I will not be going to a higher bandwidth, in fact, the normal bandwidth is more than many of my viewers can handle with their internet connections.
I do not care about the commercial. None of my viewers have complained. They usually stay connected for 1 to 5 hours, so one short commercial is not a problem.
I don't care about the restriction on running ads in the channel. My sponsors are sponsoring the adds on the web page where the viewer is diplayed, not in the video.

This high cost seems outragious just to prevent spammers from coming into our live chat.
Looks like I will have to find another solution.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallasseetimes View Post
Thanks, The caculator shows that my first full month of operation would cost over $1,800.00
Since My viewership is doubling weekly, I can estimate it will cost over 6,000.00 for october.

This is way out of line. I had lined up 11 sponsors who agreed to a total of 1,000.00 per month to cover the 350.00 plus my expenses.

The only reason I have for going premium is to avoid having my channel shown on the livestream guide. All the viewers who enter my channel from livestream are intent on spaming the chat and destroying my channel. My regular viewers come from radio advertising.
I will not be going to a higher bandwidth, in fact, the normal bandwidth is more than many of my viewers can handle with their internet connections.
I do not care about the commercial. None of my viewers have complained. They usually stay connected for 1 to 5 hours, so one short commercial is not a problem.
I don't care about the restriction on running ads in the channel. My sponsors are sponsoring the adds on the web page where the viewer is diplayed, not in the video.

This high cost seems outragious just to prevent spammers from coming into our live chat.
Looks like I will have to find another solution.
you know there are OTHER websites where users have to login to chat and you can ban them more effectively than on livestream right? i'd suggest you go to those other websites until livestream fixes this chat problem
Old 1st October 2009, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentor View Post
you know there are OTHER websites where users have to login to chat and you can ban them more effectively than on livestream right? i'd suggest you go to those other websites until livestream fixes this chat problem
Where? I can't find a single one that has a video built in chat.
Nor can I undersand why I would want to require a login, I'ts hard enough to attrack chatters when you have to make them enter a nickname.
All I really need is a way to delist the channel in the livestream guide and the problem is solved.
Our viewers find us by listening to the radio. The thugs who spam us find us by looking at the Livestream guide.

OH, and the problem was fixed, I disabled the cht on the livestream viewer, and it still worked on the embedded viewers.

Then JUST THIS MORNING, Livestream screwed it up by making the paramater to disable chat apply to the embedded viewers. All they have to do is undo the change they made last night or this morning.

Why would I want to spend weeks learning, configuring and redoing everything it took me a month to do to get to this point to switch to a whole new system? Just undo the one stupid change Livestream made yesterday.