Old 11th September 2009, 19:08

Send a message via Skype™ to indiefan
Post A Few Features I Would Like To See

I currently run two channels. IndieFan Television (livestream.com/indiefan) and KronicBoom (livestream.com/kronicboom). I have been broadcasting video online since the days of Nullsoft Video when everything was self hosted/served and the software was pretty much self-developed or part of a group of broadcasters.

There are a lot of great features that I love in Livestream and that is why I use the services, despite the myriad of other options.

However, I do have a partial wish-list of things I would like to see added/changed...

1) Control over graphic placement.
If you watch my video channels you can see I have made some tweak to my image files and layover files to achieve a more professional look. However, even after tweaking these files I am still only able to get the graphic in a certain part of the screen. Ideally, I would like to be able to go into an edit mode and move graphics and text around the screen manually and save that position so it is locked until next changed.

2) Info text.
I would love to be able to show the name of the currently playing video, even if I am not live. When a video plays in the storyboard it would be nice to have the option to show the current video title somewhere on the screen. Going back to above, I would like the ability to move placement, recolor, etc.

3) Scheduling
I consider this a necessity for any broadcaster. I have a lot of pre-recorded videos and files I would like to play at certain times of the day, week, month, etc. Doing this should not be hard and should be setup in a broadcast friendly format that allows playback of certain files, or entire storyboards at certain times. Timing is an issue, just as in real broadcasting so the scheduler should be smart enough to schedule the file(s) after the currently playing video ends, if it overlaps the time.

I would also like the ability when scheduling to play bumpers and/or commercials at certain times. For example, it would be really nice to be able to show our station logo video on the screen at the top of every hour, or every half hour, etc.

Tags
features, graphics, scheduling, title, titling