Old 18th August 2009, 03:53

Question The BEST Format To Encode For A LIVE Broadcast

I am running a playlist in LIVE mode using WebcamMax with the source videos encoded in Windows Media format. But I get no audio on the station page (I get video though). WebcamMax will look for Flash videos so there's no problem there (ManyCam doesn't even recognize Flash video).

Should I encode all of my videos in Flash so that there's little to no delay due to issues with transcoding from Windows Media to Flash on the fly or am I safe sticking with my present way of encoding files?

The reason I ask is I'm in the process of adding additional content from the Internet Archive, YouTube & other places where I can find content believed to be in the public domain & I'd rather know ahead of time before I begin transcoding (I don't wanna keep the source videos on the HD any longer than necessary due to the sheer size of them) the new videos.

I look forward to your replies & advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

EDIT If someone could check the station page to see if audio is being transmitted along with the video, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.
As My World Turns (Mainly my lifecasting page) | WBF-TV Back To The Future TV (Classic TV) | WSO-TV Soap Opera Television Network (Classic Daytime Soap Operas) | TLWC TV (Home Of The Left Wing Conservative Political Talk Show) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio)
Englewood, CO

Tags
broadcast, format, live, playlist, webcammax