Old 9th August 2009, 21:52

Unhappy Disable Procaster's "Forced Recording" - Make it optional.

Currently, when streaming with procaster, it records every thing you stream. Automatically, with no way to disable it.

I stream on a team of over 30 streamers, doing live video games nearly 24/7. About 1/2 to 3/4 of us use procaster, as it provides the best framerates we can get on our systems, and the greatest ease of use. The program really is a godsend.

But, our channel's studio, the list of recordings. Imagine 6 to 10 streams a day, for upwards of 5 months. Most of these recordings were not recorded because we wanted to save them. Even if some were, we could NEVER find them in among the endless sea of recordings that procaster has put in there.

While we value our streamers, most of what gets streamed is not something we want to save for posterity. Most of it is goofing around, bantering with the audience, and just sharing a good time. Perfectly fine to broadcast live, but would lose it's charm and relevance when re-streamed.

Because of this feature, even if we WANTED to populate our auto-pilot with videos of our material, it would be near impossible. The studio is so bogged down with saved recordings that cleaning them out would take days and days and days of tedious "Click... click... wait........ ok.". And as the days go on, the problem only compounds itself.

We could forbid our streamers to use Procaster, but a much better solution would be for Procaster to be more better and good, for both us, and livestream. Don't you think? For the good of us all, do be making the recording an option instead of a mandatory feature.
Old 10th August 2009, 08:09

I agree 110%. I would love to have this as a feature. The new Livestream "Webcaster" has it, why not Procaster. It take me about 2 or 3 minutes to set up my show, using the screen capture etc. It would be nice to have a "Start Recording" button or at the very lest a 2 minute delay. Please consider.

Thanks,

Bruce
Old 11th August 2009, 21:14

If you stop people from automatically going live, then they're not recorded if a producer cues them, but that requires having a producer around all the time.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:36

I can only agree. My stream runs nearly 24/7 so it's impossible to totally manage the recordings and delete them every time they appear, and then studio becomes a lag nightmare that makes it virtually impossible to use; god forbid you want to fish a recording out of the list. The ability to turn off auto-recording in studio when using programs like FME would be a major help.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:39
Administrator

We have been working to implement this feature and it is set to be rolled out in the next Studio release. This should be within in the next week.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 26th August 2009, 03:54

With all the recordings being added, and with the previous recordings that were added due to autorecord on procaster, a stream I mod has several hundred recordings that appear to be slowing the loading time of the stream. I've tried deleting them one-by-one but it makes me browser crash for up to a minute when I try to delete one.

Could you implement a mass delete option of the on-demand subfolders in one of your future updates?
Old 28th August 2009, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We have been working to implement this feature and it is set to be rolled out in the next Studio release. This should be within in the next week.

-Ben
Livestream Support
this should have happen before you guys start the doing the 10GB thing but at least its coming
Old 8th September 2009, 17:59

Default Eta?

Any ETA when this should go live?
its tricky keeping track of the gb and I am starting to pick up streamers for gaming and that going to be insane with the videos
Old 13th September 2009, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post

-Ben
Livestream Support
Maybe in Procaster have 2 buttons; one that says "Stream!" and one that says Record (to library) which becomes available while streaming, maybe with a pause button rather than only a full stop - meaning if you have slow starts or pauses in the stream you can roughly edit that out

That is the simplest solution I can think of, although making the Studio easier to use is always welcome
Old 15th September 2009, 18:14

also not sure if it will be added in with this...since we don't want to be recording all the time can we also cue procaster cameras? if lots of streamers are using it and want to go live and stuff...aleast in the studio....I found that if one person is streaming and other takes over then leaves...I cant cue the other camera to live...just black so maybe add this in as well.