Old 11th September 2008, 16:11

Default Flash Media Encoder with Server 2008 X64

I use Server 2008 Enterprise X64 as a gaming/workstation OS (Got it with Technet), and when I launch Flash Media Encoder, it tells me this:

Video Hardware Acceleration Warning

The video card's hardware acceleration level is set too low. Open the Display Properties, Settings tab and click Advanced, then select the Troubleshoot tab and increase the Hardware acceleration setting. Please relaunch the application after changing the Hardware Acceleration.

---

This happens when I launch it, and it won't stream (I press start and get the same message) unless I can do this.

I'm using Server 2008 Enterprise X64 (As stated) with the newest Nvidia Vista X64 drivers. All updates installed, everything. I can't find ANYTHING about this on the net, nor a place to increase the hardware acceleration. The Nvidia drivers have disabled the options button on the troubleshoot tab, and there is no place to change it in the nvidia control panel.

Any help with this would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 12th September 2008 at 12:14.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:02
Administrator

This looks like it may be a common issue for users of Server 2008 x64. Most likely it is a driver/OS issue and as such it is something you should contact NVidia about directly.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 12th September 2008, 20:07

Well this is just great -.-

Atleast thanks for replying.
Old 13th September 2008, 08:40

Default Why 2008 x64?

You are adding so much overhead to your gaming machine by installing a server and it's worse when you go to Enterprise. You don't have 8 cpus, or 32gb of ram do you? If you really want a x64 os, I would go to Vista Business/Ultimate or XP 64bit. Everything will run faster. Vista will have directx 10 and soon 11. I think 2008 server is still based on version 9.

Good luck.
Old 13th September 2008, 09:15

Hahahahaha.

Read reviews and performance charts before you start talking big about vista.

Server 2008 has DX10 (Crysis +"godrays" = awesome), is based off a NEWER kernel, loads of improvements that AREN'T in vista, etc.

Server 2008 owns Vista by far.

Besides, I have nearly all of the server stuff turned OFF. ("gaming/workstation OS") So its even FASTER.

And I have 6GB ram >_>

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 13th September 2008 at 09:36.