Old 25th May 2014, 16:51

Angry How do I broadcast 2 screens?

I have a tv hooked up to my laptop that i'm using as my second monitor, and I can't figure out how to get Procaster to to record/stream both screens for the life of me. I want to be able to stream both screens so I can broadcast some entertaining things as well as my art.
Old 25th May 2014, 19:55
Super Moderator

Hi TeaKayBlue,

While Procaster is generally meant to capture one screen at a time, there's an option in the Desktop tab in Procaster's preferences called "Start Capture 2nd Monitor", that will allow to a limited degree to do what you're looking to.

Livestream Producer Support
Old 28th May 2014, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblinder View Post
Hi TeaKayBlue,

While Procaster is generally meant to capture one screen at a time, there's an option in the Desktop tab in Procaster's preferences called "Start Capture 2nd Monitor", that will allow to a limited degree to do what you're looking to.
"A limited degree" is more accurately described as "zero degree." Clicking on "start capture second monitor" just makes the broadcast start with my second monitor and not my first. So, I think you could have just said "No, Procaster does not currently support broadcasting more than one screen at a time."

However, I don't think this is that tricky a feature to try and include in future updates. I can drag the green display definer things until it shows both my screens, but when I let go it snaps back to one screen or the other. Maybe just releasing the constraint on those things would be enough to allow for 2 monitors to be shown at once in whatever ratio the presenter would like. (I'm sorry I don't feel like looking up a more proper-sounding term than "green display definer things.")
Old 30th June 2014, 23:33

Thumbs down

Right there with you! I stretch the area with the "green display definer things" and I can see the area that is being recorded grow in the preview, teasing me. Then it just snaps back. Laaaame. I was hoping Procaster would just see my desktops as all one big desktop and allow me to define the resolution I want to record. No such luck. :-(