Old 5th December 2010, 21:02
Livestream Community Help

Thanks for that.
I'll add that EVERY TIME I update Flash its installer creates permissions issues. Basically you MUST repair permissions immediately after installing Flash. It's good to do it just before as well so there's no problem on the install.
Old 21st February 2011, 22:35

Default Unable to watch any Livestream Channel

As the title says, I am currently unable to watch ANY Livestream channel. However, I am able to watch Justin.tv as well as Ustream without problem.

Here is my Speed Test Link http://www.speedtest.net/result/1168279157.png

I've cleared Flash, Reinstalled Flash, tried different Browsers [Currently using Firefox Beta 11, tried IE8, Chrome, no avail.]

I've pinged, tracert, and everything seems okay when trying to connect to cdn.livestream.com, no issues. Its just the player does not want to connect, or when it does connect, the buffering/lag is unbearable.

HELP?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:06
Livestream

This sounds like a network issue, brimconsako. I recommend opening a ticket in our support center:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

In the meantime you may want to check with your network administrator if any restrictions are in place. Disable/remove any ad-blocking programs if you're currently running them. It would to helpful to test with another computer on the same internet connection, if possible.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:18

It appears to be a network problem, but there is no Network administrator, I guess I am him? Either way, should I open ports? If so, which ones? Which ones should I close?
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:35
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimconsako View Post
It appears to be a network problem, but there is no Network administrator, I guess I am him? Either way, should I open ports? If so, which ones? Which ones should I close?
You need to open ports 80 and 1935 for streaming if you're behind a firewall, but I'm not so sure that this is whats causing the issue.

Have you tested with another computer on the same connection? This would be helpful, as there are a lot of variables in place. I've merged this with another thread that may give you some answers. If you're unable to resolve after reading through the thread, I recommend opening a ticket in our support center:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Best,
Jason

Tags
cant see, no video, video, viewers