Old 1st July 2009, 14:40

Default Cannot View Video

Have a problem viewing the live video on a livestream.com page. I do not even get a black box where the video is supposed to play. It is just a white screen. All the info shows correctly at the top and bottom of page (ie in the area above and below where the video player is supposed to show up.)

Things I have tried so far:-

1) Made sure Java is installed

2) Made sure Flash is installed

3) Re-installed Internet Exploror (Even upgraded to 8)

4) Made sure Hardware exelleration is on full
Old 1st July 2009, 17:00
Administrator

Do you have AdBlock Plus installed? When I have seen this in the past that program is the most common culprit, otherwise it could be related to firewall or security settings.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 16th July 2009, 03:49

Default Nothing is showing up

Hey guys recently when I'm trying to watch a stream absolutely nothing shows up and if I right click where it's supposed to be it says "Video not loaded..." and its greyed out or the about adobe flash option. Now this happened once before for about a day and then it started working again but now it just wont seem to start working again. I read around the forums and the most common problem is ad blocker which I don't think I have or firewall and network settings which I'm also pretty sure isnt the issue. I re-downloaded flash and that didn't fix it but I still might be missing something. I have tried on both IE and opera with no luck so if you have any ideas please let me know.
Old 20th August 2009, 06:58

Bump it's been a month since I posted this and I still have no answer.
Old 20th August 2009, 06:58

Bump it's been a month since I posted this and I still have no answer.

Please help
Old 20th August 2009, 11:28
Administrator

We would need more information to be able to help troubleshoot here. What specifically happens when you try viewing the channel? Is it possible for you to confirm that you don't have a firewall or ad blocking software installed? If you're not sure it's very difficult for us to pinpoint what the issue is. As always, you can contact our support team by e-mail for more hands on support.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 21st August 2009, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We would need more information to be able to help troubleshoot here. What specifically happens when you try viewing the channel? Is it possible for you to confirm that you don't have a firewall or ad blocking software installed? If you're not sure it's very difficult for us to pinpoint what the issue is. As always, you can contact our support team by e-mail for more hands on support.

-Ben
Livestream Support
I wish there was more information but the only thing that happens is absolutely nothing shows up and the problem seems to be totally random some days it happens others it doesn't but it will always last at least a day if it does happen.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:15
Livestream Community Help

Maybe you THINK it's random. You might try mentioning the stream with link and posting the time it happened.

It may be that the stream was using H.264 vs On2VP6.
It may be related to the version of Flash you have installed.

If you don't give any information you won't get an answer.

Let the doctor be the diagnostician and post EXACTLY what happens where and when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundravalco View Post
I wish there was more information but the only thing that happens is absolutely nothing shows up and the problem seems to be totally random some days it happens others it doesn't but it will always last at least a day if it does happen.
Old 28th August 2009, 02:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
Maybe you THINK it's random. You might try mentioning the stream with link and posting the time it happened.

It may be that the stream was using H.264 vs On2VP6.
It may be related to the version of Flash you have installed.

If you don't give any information you won't get an answer.

Let the doctor be the diagnostician and post EXACTLY what happens where and when.
Ok its happening right now on all streams but it was this one first
http://www.livestream.com/gretorpsstream

Not one stream works and the first thing I did was update everything required to use livestream so everything is up to date. I usually only watch the same streams so the problem with the H.264 and the On2VP6 shouldnt be a problem unless all of the streams that I watch all change it at the same time randomly.

Ok I just double checked and every single stream I click this problem happens it's definitely not the streams themselves it has to be something on my end.

I have Adobe flash player 10.0.22.87 and flash player plugin 9.0.124.0
Old 9th September 2009, 23:38

I have this exact same problem.

To clarify, I have noscript and adblock on. I've disabled both, allowed all, etc, but nothing works. I've also downloaded the uninstaller for flash, uninstalled flash, then reinstalled the newest version for the firefox browser. I have also rebooted on several occasions. I've aslo tried viewing the page in IE. No dice. Yes, I've checked the faqs (which is relatively redundant) and nothing addresses it. I'm using XP and firefox with Avast as a anti-viral program. And, just as OP says, the error seems to be random. Sometimes the site works, other times it does not. I can't log into the studio or view videos. What's the deal?

Here's screenshots for you:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/717...reamsucks1.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7...reamsucks2.jpg

And yes, I know it's still loading. Waiting does not fix the problem. The page loads completely and everything is still blank.

Last edited by JackoftheLegion; 9th September 2009 at 23:49.

Tags
cant see, no video, video, viewers