Old 19th April 2014, 07:26

Default ATEM TVS vs Livestream

Hi,

Just a quick question what is the benefits of the Blackmagic Atem Television Studio compare to a livestream studio computer and vice versa ?

The ATEM cost lot less and seems to have better media management for title, transition, video...

I have a livestream studio licence on a computer with 3 input, but I'm thinking about an upgrade so a 6 input Blackmagic Atem cost $995 + computer with acquisition card, let say $1500 = $2495 when a HD51 from livestream cost $7999.

Thanks for your input.

MikaŽl
Old 25th April 2014, 06:04

Please can you enlighten me ?

Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 17:24
Super Moderator

Hi Mikael,

This is a question better suited to the Studio FB group, but in a nutshell the ATEM isn't an all-in-one solution. It doesn't allow you to stream to multiple CDNs (it instead outputs H.264 video for another encoder to stream), and it has very limited local recording functionality (it doesn't allow for clean/dirty ISO recordings).

There are a number of other comparisons, but overall it is a very affordable solution for a basic multi-camera workflow. It isn't ideal for mounting a full production, however, which is what Studio strives to do.

If you have any specific questions on the differences, please don't hesitate to either open a support ticket or ask in the Studio FB group.

Livestream Producer Support