Old 14th July 2009, 11:04

Default Adding Livestream for Network Members

I operate a social networking site and I want to set up Livestream capabilities for my members on their profile page. I have seen it done on this site: www.chef2video.com

I can embed a Livestream player on all profile pages, but by default, it is MY Livestream channel. I want the members to be able to sign up for a Livestream account and launch their channel from their profile, lust like on the site above. Can anyone help me with this?
Old 14th July 2009, 16:22
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBook View Post
I operate a social networking site and I want to set up Livestream capabilities for my members on their profile page. I have seen it done on this site: www.chef2video.com

I can embed a Livestream player on all profile pages, but by default, it is MY Livestream channel. I want the members to be able to sign up for a Livestream account and launch their channel from their profile, lust like on the site above. Can anyone help me with this?
Looks like its on a Ning platform. Are you using Ning? There is a widget from another streaming service that can be added to the top of the profiles there very easily. Regarding Livestream, you would just have to instruct members on how to start a channel at livestream, and embed it in the text box section of their profile. Most social networking site APIs enable this type of embedding, some with or without javascript.

Here is an example: http://community.nodepression.com/profile/DeadVids

The only way I know of doing this with Livestream is manually, unless its on facebook. The player can be embedded there from the Livestream channel page itself after logging into Facebook without having to embed code manually.

Hope this helps

-Dave

Last edited by davidaron; 14th July 2009 at 17:02.
Old 14th July 2009, 19:35

Thanks for the reply David....

My site is a Ning site. The Chef2Video site owever, is a Drupal site.

I don't want the members to have to embed their player. I have a Text Box Magic scripts that allows me to post things that go to every single profile on my network. I can embed a player into that text box that goes to every single profile, but like I said, it is my player, not a member-specific player.

I would prefer to stick with Livestream rather than another service if it can be achieved. But I will PM you about the other service, because this is a feature that will make my network really grow.