Old 12th July 2009, 05:49

Default Aion + ProCaster

Well, I've had many problems with Aion and I know many other of my friends have as well - But simply have given up even trying. I'd like to note that this so far has only been tested with the Chinese Aion, and I'll investigate further once the NA goes back into release...The problem is..

There is a really bad flicker problem occurring; however, it was not like this when I was getting low frames on the game. I recently turned DOWN my settings and I went from about 50 FPS to around 110. I know the program caps at 30 FPS - and I think that might be a problem, or where the problem originates as I know this was a problem recording with fraps on a different MMO. Or something of the sort/combo.

In comparison, another problem is instead of recording the game in desktop view, I decided to try game mode. The problem here is when the game starts up it gets to the load screen right before the login screen and instantly shuts down.

The stream works perfectly fine for the settings I had before, but obviously creates lag problems with the game being so large, so I am trying to work around these problems with procaster now...

(In addition I'd like to note that it seems as if the stream quality has gone down from the past uses I had on procaster, I.e. When the site was still Mogulus.? Or if it's just because I cannot use the game mode option?)

In any case info on how to get around - or if the game is just not supported yet would be great - And in the future Aion should be investigated more as when it comes out it will be big, and im sure many will want to stream
Old 12th July 2009, 15:29

Aion and procast works great. I have stream with it running flawless. Just need to know more about your setup. Are you using Windows 7, vista, or xp?. I have ran under Windows 7 and Windows xp without any error, however, never tried it on vista. If you like you can add me to msn and perhaps I can help you out there.

msn = hitpatel79@hotmail.com
Old 13th July 2009, 14:05

Hiya Ale, I run on Windows XP x64. And as I said, I had no problems streaming Aion before, as you can see on my channel:

http://www.livestream.com/KyoProductions

I have about 100 hours of gameplay there with no flickering.

My question - Or complaint rather was if Frames had any problem with it being captured. Because when I was averaging closer to the stream I had no problems. However now that I'm getting over a hundred FPS I see problems, as well as many others such as a friend Flux and some other guild members.

So - I'm curious what your FPS is at? If it's closer to mine then yes, I'd like help but it might be a problem with what the procaster is trying to capture. I sent you a request on MSN so I guess we can talk more there

I was looking around on your stream and noticed your quality was a little bit better, and I know that's from being in Windowed mode - Which is obviously what Desktop mode is /made/ for - However that's where one of the other complaints come in.
You cant even run Aion in Full screen and use the correct game mode - It just shuts the game off. Haha.

In any case hopefully I can get some of these problems worked out without having to turn the game to windowed mode because its a huge pet peeve of mine. There are quite a few bugs such as jumping after standing up, mouse dissapearing and many other things others noted in the NA/EU beta in windowed mode.

Last edited by lIlKyo; 13th July 2009 at 14:20.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:12

Anyone have any information yet on Aion in game mode with Procaster, or will more work be done on it once it releases for NA?
Old 7th August 2009, 15:43

Still doesnt work!
Old 17th August 2009, 06:12

Cant Procast too,
ctrg+F1 dont work, in background it open the window that i must hotkey ingame
Old 17th August 2009, 12:02
Procaster Team

Hello Caldit

please take a look on http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019, game section. please do let us know if you are still experiencing problems and if so, on what game

thanks,
Lior, Livestream
Old 17th August 2009, 15:35

If you first install procaster it will show the icon after you exit for the same game it does not...its really really bad for it to do this it should work for the same game all the time.

Tags
aion, closing, flickering