Old 11th November 2014, 02:05

Default Equipment needed for multiple camera setup

Hi there,

I have a question concerning a possible setup for broadcasting a chess event on livestream. This is how it should work:
1) Two commentators are sitting at a table while being filmed by the main camera. They have one or two (if needed) laptops in front of them that runs a chess program and shows all of the games being played (this is possible using specific digital chess boards, no camera needed for that).
2) In the playing area, there is another camera that records some of the players
3) During the livestream, the commentators (or a producer) should be able to show both the recording of the main camera and the chess program run on one of the laptops in one screen. Say, 1/2 of the video shows the commentators and 1/2 the chess programm / position on one board.
4) In addition, it should be possible, from time to time, to switch to the camera in the playing area.

How it should look like can be seen here:

http://new.livestream.com/chess24/olympiad (preview image of the 3rd, 4th and 5th video, for instance).

Now my question is: What exactly do I need to broadcast this? I have a Canon Legria HF G30, a couple of laptops, a 100MBit internet connection and a Rode mic. What more is required (software & hardware) to run this? Is a mixer console necessary or can a software handle the switching and mixing of images? Any help would be much appreciated.

Best
Marc

Last edited by mlang; 11th November 2014 at 07:38.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:15

Hi Marc,
I recommend taking a look at the help center article below and also searching the knowledge base for streaming setups which work best for your specific type of production. If you have any further questions, I suggest opening a support ticket at help.livestream.com.

http://help.livestream.com/customer/...reaming-setups
Old 11th November 2014, 12:01

Thanks for the quick reply. I know the knowledge base and already digged through, but as the topic is far from easy, I thought maybe someone with experience in this subject has some helpful comments on my problem.