Old 6th July 2009, 07:00

Default Streaming Skype calls (or something similar)?

Hi,

I've tried searching around and failed miserably at it, so sorry if it's been answered before!

It's the 1ST birthday for my website in about a week, and we plan on doing a live show and giving away some things. And so far we've had very little luck by looking for things ourselves so I'm asking for some help.

Is it possible to stream a skype call on Live Stream? If so, how?

If it isn't, is there anything which could be done to give the same effect? Such as just having a logo just appear on the video part while having 3-4 people as the co-hosts speaking?

Thanks!

Leigh,
Old 15th July 2009, 00:22
Livestream Community Help

Telestream Wirecast and Desktop Presenter (which comes with it).

DTP can point to Skype Video and bring that in and you can even do picture in picture with the host. On the Mac you can send audio in with SoundFlower. There must be a Windows equivalent though.

Since you can't have multiple instances of Skype on one computer some do this with multiple computers if they want multiple guests.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:10

Red face Camtwist

You could probably use camtwist's desktop feature, but as far as I know camtwist doesn't work with sound.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:43

Well are we talk skype audio and vide, or just skype audio? If you just want to use the audio of skype, and you are no a PC, I maybe able to help. All you have to do is enable your sound mixer in windows, and you are all set to stream live audio off your PC into livestream. It's as simple as that. If you have a mac I have no idea how to work that. Also if you are on a PC and you can't find where to enable your sound mixer, you will have to google "Enable Sound Mixer For Wndows (what ever your operating system is)" and you should find something that will show you how.
Old 22nd July 2009, 00:30
Livestream Community Help

On a Mac the free SoundFlower can take Skype audio.