Old 18th June 2009, 14:29

I don't even know how to select an audio source. You can guide me through though right?
Old 18th June 2009, 15:40
Administrator

It's in Procaster preferences under the audio tab. The first option in the audio section is the Source dropdown, if you are only doing screen capture you should select speakers audio.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 19th June 2009, 03:26

Mine said it was set to true as well. I am using a Windows Vista 32-bit laptop. I still get no sound. ;_;
Old 20th June 2009, 10:57

I am having the same problem, and would love to see the solution to this.
Old 21st June 2009, 03:53

Same problem
Old 26th June 2009, 16:05

No sound here either. I am on Windows XP. I tried all audio setting (default input device, speaker audio, etc.). There is some sound, but even with my speakers all the way up its almost non existant. I had the settings next to the audio source set to 100%, 50%... Nothing seems to fix it.

I also tried that xml fix, mine was alrdy set to true.
Old 27th June 2009, 11:15

I wanna start streaming soon, so if there is not a fix for this sometime next week, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and regrettably switch to a different streaming tool.
Old 28th June 2009, 18:06

Hi i have the same problem,

I think it happened when i right clicked, adobe flash puts it on DENY ACCESS, and freezes, i've gone to the adobe flash settings to allow access, but each time i start up it kills the sound. So this may be an issue of flash locking up the little menu that allows
access.

I have deleted procaster and reinstalled, still no effect. I really think this is an issue of the flash access menu freezing.

Also my sound does work when I use the webcaster, but id like to broadcast my screen soo...yeah.

Last edited by Sharkfist_Maximo; 28th June 2009 at 18:08.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:29

Default XP sound not broadcasting

Using a HAVA HD platinum with XP + procaster to broadcast...I get phenominal video, but there is no audio. I tried all the settings, mono,stereo, everything. Still can't get any sound.

If it isn't getting an update soon, are there any other good desktop capture programs?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:09
Procaster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
Using a HAVA HD platinum with XP + procaster to broadcast...I get phenominal video, but there is no audio. I tried all the settings, mono,stereo, everything. Still can't get any sound.

If it isn't getting an update soon, are there any other good desktop capture programs?
Hello Resolve

this is interesting setup. usually the Hava is setup to record a movie using its own recorded, as far as I can remember. could you explain how exactly you use Hava and what's the setup?

In addition, if you could send your xml, logs, and sys info file as described (assuming you're on xp)

1. System information which you can get from:
Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Information program.

Once you open this click on File --> export and send the results. (make sure that System Summary node is selected)

2. All of the files in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\procaster
*Note that application data files may be hidden by default, to make them visible you can click on Tools --> Folder options in the toolbar and then in the view tab select "show hidden files and folders." You can also past the above (replacing username) directly into the address bar into Windows explorer.

If you would like to and have time to assist with further testing we may be able to send you a debug version of Procaster which would help us to determine what is causing these issues. Please let us know if this is the case.

thanks
Lior Messinger
VP of Game & Desktop Products
Livestream

Tags
audio, detecting, problem, settings