Old 28th August 2013, 10:30

Question Routing a satellite signal all the way to procaster.

Hi everybody,

I've been using Livestream and Procaster as a premium user for almost two years now, in order to broadcast live and VOD content for my company.

Currently, my video sources are newtwork streams played in VLC. A virtual Camera called e2eSoft VCAM makes the bridge between VLC and Procaster (Vcam appears as a video source). To summarize the actual process:

Newtork streams -> VLC -> e2eSoft VCAM -> Procaster -> Live on www (yiha!)

In order to obtain a better video quality and broadcast up to HD signal, I now have to come up with a solution where the network streams are replaced by a satellite source.
Because a graphic is most likely to show you the solution I'm thinking of, please take a look at the image attached to this post

Do you guys think this is a working solution?

I'm wondering if the "Intensity shuttle" interface manufactured by black magic will be recognized as a video source in Procaster. Another hardware product would be the ADVC110 manufactured by Grass Valley. The last one is mentioned on the livestream website here:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ternal_devices

According to this page, under the "capture cards" paragraph, this may or may not be possible: " Please Note: Most Capture Cards are not compatible with Procaster."

Please fill free to give me some feedback and advices.
In the mean time, have a nice day!

Erik
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schema_broadcast_satellite.jpg (431.3 KB, 3 views)

Tags
black magic, hardware, live broadcast, procaster, satellite