Old 18th June 2009, 17:25

Default Heavy CPU usage and jolts in copilot..

Here are my 2 main issues..

1. When watching anything on the livestream, as soon as Flash Player/Mogulus Player comes up.. my cpu usage in any browser jumps to 77 - 97%. What causes this and how can I fix it?..I am on a laptop computer but it has enough specs to cover everything, and I dont think it should be running that high.

2. When watching my channel with things lined up in copilot, when the starts a new block of programming, im seeing a stick, freeze, jolt, whatever you wanna call it. I have some friends check out my channel and its doing the same for them. What causes this, and how can we remedy the situation?

Cheers for everything you guys do though.. other than this, its been great using the site!

-Woody
Old 19th June 2009, 13:40

Exclamation

Uhhh.. any help? Because I cant run any livestream page until I get some. BTW.. I am pretty sure that its somehow the Mogulus player, because any other site that uses flash 10 runs on my computer with about a 30% CPU usage.... only on livestream does it seem to be an issue.. Ill take the bumps, freezes, and sticks in my co-pilot, if someone would just help me with my CPU issue.. I was hoping to get it fixed before the weekend..thanks...

-Woody
Old 19th June 2009, 14:27
Administrator

Watching vido can take up significant resources though on a newer processor this shouldn't be more than 20%-30% of a 2GHz+ processor. If you are encoding using Procaster or Flash Media Encoder that is a different story as encoding video is a much more resource intensive process. We have improvements on the roadmap which will include making the player more lightweight which should improve this across the board.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 19th June 2009, 14:37

Thanks for the reply.. I know you guys are busy trying to keep everyone happy, and I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.. Im just trying to watch the videos on other's channels, and keep getting the 79 to 95% range CPU usage in any browser... its not when I encode, because I would expect it to be a higher number then, and thats fine. However here are my specs on my computer that has this issue..

Toshiba Sattelite
2.00 Gig RAM
Moble AMD Sempron 3600+ 2000Mhz Single Core

Ive done all my windows updates, video card drivers, BOIS drivers, SEVERAL virus scans,.. everything I could think of.. and I still get this issue..

So like I say.. its sufficient enough to run everything... but if you guys say you are working on things to make the player more lightweight.. I would say, just from my end that seems like a pretty good idea.. Any tips to decrease the usage that I could do on my own, would be very beneficial though.. thanks again!