Old 18th June 2009, 03:42

Default black screen after cue alive video

Hi i have the following channel:

http://www.livestream.com/acapulcotv

The last three days im trying to make alive program of 1 hour divided in 4 blocks of 12 minutes each one, but almost all times when i mark cue to enter alive from uploaded videos the screen appears black instead the alive video of my self, im using a 420 kpbs upload speed.

can anyone know why this happening ?

thanks for your help

sincerely

enrique meza
Old 18th June 2009, 10:52

I've also had horrible experience trying to broadcast live...

I cue the live feed and get... a black screen... when it does finally come in the lag is so bad that 10 minutes blocks of video are lost as it jumps ahead.

We are the guinea pigs in finding out where the bugs are and the problems. Even identifying problems doesn't mean they will be fixed as livestream is all about developiing new pay features instead of fixing known issues. Just my opinion from my experience.

Over the past year it's gone from a great service while in Beta to a lame livestream with a host of new features that don't work as advertised.
Old 18th June 2009, 11:10
Administrator

Most likely these issues are due to insufficient upstream bandwidth for broadcasting live. Generally to broadcast at good quality using the Studio we recommend at least 700Kbps upstream, you can get away with less when using an encoder like Procaster which will allow you to specify the encoding bitrate.

On a lower speed connection like this the best workflow is to test your connection speed immediately prior to encoding using a site like www.speedtest.net and then set the encoding bitrate within Procaster or Flash Media Encoder based on your upstream connection speed.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 18th June 2009, 11:53

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Most likely these issues are due to insufficient upstream bandwidth for broadcasting live. Generally to broadcast at good quality using the Studio we recommend at least 700Kbps upstream, you can get away with less when using an encoder like Procaster which will allow you to specify the encoding bitrate.

On a lower speed connection like this the best workflow is to test your connection speed immediately prior to encoding using a site like www.speedtest.net and then set the encoding bitrate within Procaster or Flash Media Encoder based on your upstream connection speed.

-Ben
Livestream Support

Since when does Livestream even support 700kbps upstream?

The most I've been able to achieve with a 5MB cable connection is 350kbps. This is of course limited by Livestream since my speedtest indicates I should be able to get 460kbps.

What sort of connection are we going to need in order to achieve 700kbps?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:57
Administrator

If you're on a (preferably wired) connection with sufficient bandwidth you will be able to encode at whatever bitrate you specify using Procaster or Flash Media Encoder.

For free channels this is up to 500Kbps and for Pro channels up to 1700Kbps. You should ensure that you have some bandwidth overhead for best results so in order to stream at 500Kbps we recommend having 700Kbps upstream.

When using the studio the bitrate will vary between 300Kbps - 500Kbps depending on the video quality specified in the cameras menu. Again you will want to have some overhead and adjust the quality setting accordingly based on available upstream.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 25th June 2009, 14:46

Default same issues at higher bandwidth

I too have experienced these issues, while having 3.5 mbps upload on an ethernet "hardwire" connection? Also the viewer synch freezes stream randomly???