Old 9th August 2008, 01:43

Default Video stops

Why after a few minutes video stops and then continues?, I'm uploading wmv videos 320X240 anybody knows about this issue?. Also the video it suppose to play nonstop in autopilot but everytime that I check broadcasting starts at the begining of the same video.
Old 9th August 2008, 14:54
Administrator

In terms of issues with your uploaded videos, usually any issue can be corrected by using the re-import button on the clip you are having issues with. If this doesn't solve it I would need to see the source file to find out if there is something about the file preventing it from being properly transcoded. If you send an e-mail to info@mogulus.com with the channel name, and send the file to us via yousendit.com our support staff can look into the file to see what if anything is causing a problem.

In regards to auto-pilot, if there is no one else watching it will stop playing until another user comes back to watch, auto-pilot should start up where it stopped last but will not continue to run when no one is watching.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcochito View Post
Why after a few minutes video stops and then continues?, I'm uploading wmv videos 320X240 anybody knows about this issue?. Also the video it suppose to play nonstop in autopilot but everytime that I check broadcasting starts at the begining of the same video.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:49

Default Video freeze and buffering

Our production team and many of our viewers our experiencing continuous problems with the TV Player freezing and buffering too much. This even happens with our fast bandwidth connections. Video streaming used to be smooth until updates to Mogulus around 3 months ago. Often the player will start, stop, start; the screen will go blank for a few seconds, then start and stop again. This can go for quite some time until video stream settles down. By this time, however, some of our viewers are put off. I have contacted the viewers who experience these issues, the majority have broadband connections - some with 8MBs.

Clearing Internet cache, rebooting PCs and refreshing browsers invariably does not solve the problem.

Is this a bug on the Mogulus system? I know some users who do not experience these issues, but I wonder if any other producer/s has?

Thank you for your time
Andy Radford
Old 15th August 2008, 08:05

sometimes I have the same problem too but when the viewers are 6+ no problem at all ...
Old 16th August 2008, 12:31

I have this problem as well. It seems to occur every 20 minutes or so. All my production members have high upload/download rates.
Old 16th August 2008, 14:02
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Unhappy

Same here. The stalling problem seemed to have arrived when the on-demand feature was added a few months ago. My channel typically runs relatively long segments (some are over 1hr.) I don't see so much stalling on clips that are around 5 min. or under.
Old 17th August 2008, 12:42

I've tried re-importing as you suggested and some of the videos are playing ok, not all of them tough and I noticed that the sound and video quality it's lower now. I uploaded all my videos with lower bit rate in sound and video and I thought the problem was solved because I watched the videos on demand and they played Ok but when I watch the live broadcast the problem persists then I used another computer in order to watch my channel with windows vista and an error message pop up about the video (at this moment I don't recall the message) and I have to click on the skip or ignored button to continue.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:22

Default Same issue here

Ran our first show tonight. During every segment... all 9 of them, the video was stopping for 15-45 seconds, then restarting. From the control studio, the countdown clock kept going and I thought the issue was maybe just the buffering on my end, (High Speed Cable Modem) but I checked the chat room and everyone watching was having the same issue. Email indicates that many others had the problem.

Does not seem to happen when watching the channel on auto pilot or on demand, but once you are "on air" it goes down fast.

I sure hope this can be fixed. We can't do another show that has the same issues we had during this one. It's quite embarrassing.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:36
Administrator

The show plays without issue when I watch on-demand including the segments so if there was an issue with the segments you uploaded playing during the live show that is most likely a separate issue than the problems others are having here which is most likely related to insufficient bandwidth.

If there is an actual issue with playing recorded segments during a live show that is something I have not seen before. We recommend testing before doing a live show for the first time, and if you send an e-mail to info@mogulus.com we may be able to provide realtime troubleshooting the next time you have a live show.

-Ben Homer
Mogulus Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeibert View Post
Ran our first show tonight. During every segment... all 9 of them, the video was stopping for 15-45 seconds, then restarting. From the control studio, the countdown clock kept going and I thought the issue was maybe just the buffering on my end, (High Speed Cable Modem) but I checked the chat room and everyone watching was having the same issue. Email indicates that many others had the problem.

Does not seem to happen when watching the channel on auto pilot or on demand, but once you are "on air" it goes down fast.

I sure hope this can be fixed. We can't do another show that has the same issues we had during this one. It's quite embarrassing.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:54

Ben,

Just so we are on the same page...

There were no "live" segments. We were not on camera live. It was all prerecorded segments that I was running manually.

Tags
auto, freezes, issues auto pilot, pauses, pilot, probem, skips