Old 1st August 2013, 22:56

Lightbulb Streaming with BGAN satellite Thrane and Thrane 700

Hello,

Wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on best settings for BGAN satellite and livestream. Couldn't find much - old '09 post with not much info.

Will be streaming a live totem pole raising Aug 15th (first in 130 years) at Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve - Haida Gwaii BC Canada. - a remote backcountry location - no power, no cell service. We want the elders in town to be able to see this, as it is really hard to get there.

Looking for advice on settings - i.e bitrates for video and audio.

Using a Panasonic HDM-TC900 camcorder, through a black magic intensity extreme into a Macbook pro - 16gb ram 2.7 GHz i7. I have access to BGAN X-Stream - about 384 kbps but does seem to drop lower and bounce higher.

Anybody willing to share best bitrates for video and audio for such a project? Any other advice... In my field testing I played with mobile quality (pretty low image of course) and normal quality - seemed to drop frames on me and lose chunks of video - guessing maybe 300 kbps total is the way to go? Also, any experiences on using - or avoiding the anti lag for this set up?

Cheers.

Tags
bgan, panasonic, satellite, thrane