Old 3rd September 2008, 08:01

Default connecting to chat room

I can't seem to get the chat to work. i've tried accessing from two different sites and it's just always displaying the message "Connecting to chat room". Is there a way to refresh that without refreshing the entire site? Is this part of the technical problems that came up last weekend?
Old 4th September 2008, 12:19
Administrator

Chat should be functioning normally now, we had some downtime on our chat servers two nights ago which likely caused this issue. For the most part if you experience this issue refreshing your browser will correct it.

We have an upgrade coming very soon to our chat servers which should provide a far better experience in the future as well as chat moderation.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
I can't seem to get the chat to work. i've tried accessing from two different sites and it's just always displaying the message "Connecting to chat room". Is there a way to refresh that without refreshing the entire site? Is this part of the technical problems that came up last weekend?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:00

Exclamation shat still not working

I have refreshed my browser , cleared my cache and logged in from different computers and stil chat dosen't connect !
Old 4th September 2008, 14:09
Administrator

It is functioning properly so this may be a firewall issue, you should ensure you have port 5222 outgoing open for chat.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 4th September 2008, 14:40

Question No firewall issue it isn't working

There is no firewall issue, as chat worked fine last nite and to be sure I disengaged firewall and opend port you suggested and still not working. In addition had 3 other ppl check it from thier locations that went to this last night and they report not working for them either.
It may be on your test server but not on the web.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:07

Smile Working now thanks!

Ben now it is working thanks for the time to look into this! I will be broadcasting in the next month Minnesota Junior Hockey games (which should do well for your advertisers as we should see hundereds of viewers per game as the word gets out) We have players from all over the world playing in this league and the fan base is quite large. I'm anxious to see your upgrades to chat as we will have an all ages audience and being able to moderate chat will be important
Old 5th September 2008, 16:09

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We have an upgrade coming very soon to our chat servers which should provide a far better experience in the future as well as chat moderation.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Ben,

How soon is soon. Not soon enough for me mate!
Old 13th September 2008, 22:31

Whats up with chat atm. doesnt seem to be working. Maintenance going on atm?
Old 16th October 2008, 16:50

Default can't get chat

Have been watching the Brian Nichols trial on Atlanta's channel 11. Whether I use your site or theirs I cannot get chat to work. It says its connecting - after a few seconds... it says disconnected. I've turned off popups and internet protection to try to get it. OH yes, I cleared cache, rebooted. Any other suggestions?
Old 16th October 2008, 18:29
Administrator

We aren't having any issues with chat at the moment and I see that people are in that chatroom. If you're still unable to access after refreshing it may be getting blocked by your firewall.

-Ben
Mogulus Support