Old 31st May 2009, 21:37

Default Streaming FPS randomly drops for no reason

Since yesterday I've been having problems with Procaster, with the FPS dropping to 3 FPS and the bitrate to 15kbps after 2 minutes of streaming, for apparently no reason. I've checked everything, did virus scans, updated drivers, reset my connection, but nothing's changed.

The target bitrate is 135 and the target fps is 30.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:10

got exactly the same problem. worked all the time and now i got this bug.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:31
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

this might happen in wireless connection. is that the situation?

also, what is the output resolution?

thanks
Lior,
Livestream
Old 18th June 2009, 12:46

Question Extremely low fps

I am broadcasting a live stream right from my screen as I type this, here's the problem, I am broadcasting at 5 maybe even as low as 1 fps at times, whats the deal?
Old 18th June 2009, 13:04
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

Usually low fps derives from the following reasons:
1. Slow machine (for example, old model. also, if you have other programs running, you might try to close them for better performance)
2. big screen resolution (reduce to 1024x768 for optimal effect)
3. slow connection (if you are wireless, consider go to wired connection. also, if you have other bandwidth consuming program, try to close them)

Let us know if any of the above helps

thanks
Lior Messinger
VP of Game & Desktop Products
Livestream
Old 18th June 2009, 13:15

Thank you for responding but none of these are my problems, I have a great machine. I have found that if I reduce the ratio of the parts of the screen I am capturing, the fps goes up a little, but only when it is at its smallest of 173 by 130 is when I get anywhere near 20 fps. And also when I stream there is no sound coming out of the part where people watch.

My model is an XP but its a relatively new 07 model, my settings are already reduced to 1024x768, and I am not wireless, I also use the speedtest.net website to test my connection and I came up with 2.97 mbps dl speed and .37 mbps upload speed and 30 ms ping. I would also like to know why there isn't any sound broadcasting out of my live cast? Its driving me crazy. Is it because I have it set to record the screen? Should I set the capture option to something else like gaming?

Last edited by TpYourHouse; 18th June 2009 at 13:26. Reason: added more info
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:16

Sorta bumping my topic but for the last month was having issues connecting to Livestream so I had the problem on the backburner and with the last update recently coming, I out gave it another try, with unfortunately the FPS dropping issues continuing to be an issue

The computer's from Oct 08 so it's fairly recent

Changing the resolution seems to have no effect

Running it with no other internet connected programs had no effect either, same with running it on a wired connection.

Running the speed test I got 18.08 mb/s down and 0.98 mb/s and I know other people who are able to run it with no problems on lesser speeds.

I was wondering if the problem was being caused by Procaster being incompatible with 64-bit systems or if it was something Vista related

Tags
fps drop, lag spikes