Old 12th July 2013, 14:52

I'm in Wisconsin. The only channels I've viewed are ad supported ones. If you have an example of a non-ad site I can take a look and see if there's any difference.

The thing is, the ads play fine, and if there's no stream happening and there's autoplay videos or nothing, the channel will load without issue. The freeze only happens when it's trying to load a live stream.
Old 12th July 2013, 17:10

I'm located in New York City and I have not tried on a non-ad supported stream. Like timdemic, I would like a link to a non-ad supported stream. Also like timdemic has stated, I have no problem viewing ads or autoplay videos.
Old 12th July 2013, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
Where are you all located? Does this only happen on free ad-supported channels?
After testing on some random channels on the front page, I do believe it only happens on ad-supported channels, but I'm not certain.

Edit: I'm wrong. I've had a few videos that work crash me when I go back to them. Seems almost random, but crashing is the majority result.

Last edited by Gzalzi; 12th July 2013 at 20:59.
Old 13th July 2013, 12:13

Living in the UK and having this problem. Currently occurring in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. The browsers and Flash are all up to date. The chat and other Flash elements on the page work fine but the video brings it all crashing down. Ads do seem to play momentarily before the channel stream but after that just freezes. This is also following a complete clean install using the steps provided on Adobe's website and cleaning the various caches on my PC and registry cleaning using CCleaner.

Currently running Windows 7 64bit. I have Firefox and Flash 11.8 installed on a Windows 8 Virtual Machine and the stream works perfectly fine. I don't have Real Player or any other similar programs installed.

Since Flash as a standard for content is starting to die off now, is there a possibility of also bringing an HTML5 player for the browsers, since all of them (barring Internet Explorer) pretty much now support it? Surely the one used for iPhones could be adapted.

I have had the odd video or two load every now and again but the problem still persists.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:37

Has anyone found a working fix for this? Or is anyone at Livestream looking into it?

If not, unfortunately our only option will be to move away from Livestream altogether.
Old 16th July 2013, 21:06

Nope, nothing. What I've been doing now is just reloading the page once it becomes apparent the stream won't load and hope it actually loads that one time. Over, and over, and over. Like, it took 100+ reloads to get a stream to load at one point.

I've also tested some channels on the front page. No issue with those at all.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:59

I uninstalled Windows 7 update 'KB2803821' at the suggestion of a friend because it was causing problems with a game I was trying to play and it seems to have fixed this issue too because I can watch streams just fine again. Can anyone confirm?
Old 17th July 2013, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnintendo View Post
I uninstalled Windows 7 update 'KB2803821' at the suggestion of a friend because it was causing problems with a game I was trying to play and it seems to have fixed this issue too because I can watch streams just fine again. Can anyone confirm?
Hi Bob, I'd be happy to give it a shot, however I'm not sure how to uninstall a specific Windows update like that. Could you please let me know how so I can try it out?
Old 17th July 2013, 17:54

Nevermind, found how to do it. I uninstalled that update. Still have the same issue.
Old 19th July 2013, 07:26

So, inexplicably, streams have started working for me again. I don't know if livestream did anything or flash did, but I'm loading streams pretty reliably now.

Edit:And easy come, easy go. Streams aren't loading again.

Last edited by Eat_box; 20th July 2013 at 12:01.