Old 27th June 2013, 13:32

Default Can't seem to get iPhone to broadcast

I downloaded the Livestream iPhone app to see how easy it would be to broadcast live, but the app doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I tapped the camera icon as the introductory dialogs suggest, and then tapped the record button, but 100% of the time I get a "No Internet Connection" alert box and it never works. I'm on a fast Wifi connection.

What am I doing wrong?

Update: actually, this problem only occurs when I'm on wifi. I was able to broadcast while on LTE. However, this is a problem because I was planning to broadcast from an event where there is very low-quality cell coverage.

Last edited by aggieben; 27th June 2013 at 16:53.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:55

Angry iPhone won't broadcast on WIFI

I am having the same issue. Downloaded the Livestream app... Keep getting an error that says "Live video failed. There is a problem starting your live video. Please check your internet connection and try again." But like you, I am on high speed connection WIFI. I can't get it to broadcast on cellular either.
Old 21st May 2014, 10:25
Super Moderator

Which version of the app are you running? We've seen issues when there are permission conflicts. Check your phone's security settings and see that the app has permission to access your phone's camera and microphone.

Livestream Producer Support

Tags
broadcasting, connection, iphone, wifi