Old 11th April 2013, 04:34

Default How would I connect a camera to LiveStream studio Software

I am trying to connect my Canon camera to my computer via HDMI but having no luck, I think there might be an issue with no black magic deck link card on my computer. If that's the issue how am I able to connect my camera to the software without it? If possible.

Thank you.
Old 13th April 2013, 15:52

Does your computer have any other DV ports? The HD is not a good option. I do not think you can input through the port you mentioned? Plus there are streaming issues at both ends of the process.

You may need a video encoder with USB connection to your computer. Livestream makes one and there is at least one other that supplies only video.
Old 13th April 2013, 18:55
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStudio70 View Post
I am trying to connect my Canon camera to my computer via HDMI but having no luck, I think there might be an issue with no black magic deck link card on my computer. If that's the issue how am I able to connect my camera to the software without it? If possible.

Thank you.
It sounds like you're attempting to use the HDMI Display output port as an input. Unfortunately this is not supported and you'll need to acquire a HDMI Capture card such as those offerred by Black Magic Design.