Old 28th March 2013, 13:13

Unhappy "Unable to download the video"

Hello,

We did a live broadcast on Tuesday (just under an hour), and I've been trying to download it from our library, or at least be able to embed it elsewhere, but have been unable to thus far.

When I select the clip in the Recordings list, it pops up on the right but reads "Unable to download the video. Retry." When I click "retry" it reads "Our server is now importing and converting your clip. It usually takes 1.5 min for a 1 min clip." The video area shows a loading circle with "0%" and "time left: 0:00", and then returns to "unable to download the video. Retry." I've tried this roughly 10 times to no avail, and have logged in & out on multiple machines.

What's going on? Will I be able to download our recording? We are using Wirecast to broadcast from a mac via Livestream.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jessye
Old 31st March 2013, 13:57
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by penumbra01 View Post
Hello,

We did a live broadcast on Tuesday (just under an hour), and I've been trying to download it from our library, or at least be able to embed it elsewhere, but have been unable to thus far.

When I select the clip in the Recordings list, it pops up on the right but reads "Unable to download the video. Retry." When I click "retry" it reads "Our server is now importing and converting your clip. It usually takes 1.5 min for a 1 min clip." The video area shows a loading circle with "0%" and "time left: 0:00", and then returns to "unable to download the video. Retry." I've tried this roughly 10 times to no avail, and have logged in & out on multiple machines.

What's going on? Will I be able to download our recording? We are using Wirecast to broadcast from a mac via Livestream.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jessye
penumbra01,

It sounds like the clip failed to save properly on the server. The "Retry" button did not work because of the initial failure. Since you are using Wirecast, you can also record a copy locally on your computer. Page 111 of the following Wirecast Manual contains instructions on how to do that: http://www.telestream.net/pdfs/user-...-Guide-Mac.pdf

Tags
download, import, retry