Old 27th March 2013, 14:14

Default Multi Cam with Video Switcher to ADVC110 and Single Audio

Hi,
Please help.

Is it possible to achieve low audio/video sync delay with this setup using Livestream for Producers, or Procaster:

1) Connect 4 SD AV Cameras to a cheap Video Switcher such as the RDL RU-AVX4 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&Q=&A=details) or a cheaper RCA VH911 (http://tinyurl.com/rcavideoswitcher)

2) Connect only the Video Switcher AV Video Out (Yellow) to the Canopus ADVC110 Video In (Yellow)? (Do not connect the Audio L/R ports yet)

3) Connect, from an audio mixer Main Out, the L/R Red/White cables to the Canopus ADVC110 Red/White Audio IN.

4) Connect the Canopus via Firewire to a macbook pro.

5) (Optional) Connect another external USB microphone (Yeti) to the laptop and mix that in with the Canopus audio source in the Audio mixer of the Livestream for Producer or Procaster settings.

So, here's a picture (attached).

Q1) Is this possible?
Q2) If I skip step 5, will the audio mixer sound and the video sound have a minor, but manageable delay?
Q3) If I also include step 5, will the audio coming in from the USB microphone not sync well with the audio coming in from the mixer? I guess it would help, if I could plug in a microphone straight into the mixer, then right?
Attached Images
File Type: png multiCamSetup.png (258.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by chitownlounge; 27th March 2013 at 14:20.
Old 31st March 2013, 13:45
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownlounge View Post
Hi,
Please help.

Is it possible to achieve low audio/video sync delay with this setup using Livestream for Producers, or Procaster:

1) Connect 4 SD AV Cameras to a cheap Video Switcher such as the RDL RU-AVX4 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&Q=&A=details) or a cheaper RCA VH911 (http://tinyurl.com/rcavideoswitcher)

2) Connect only the Video Switcher AV Video Out (Yellow) to the Canopus ADVC110 Video In (Yellow)? (Do not connect the Audio L/R ports yet)

3) Connect, from an audio mixer Main Out, the L/R Red/White cables to the Canopus ADVC110 Red/White Audio IN.

4) Connect the Canopus via Firewire to a macbook pro.

5) (Optional) Connect another external USB microphone (Yeti) to the laptop and mix that in with the Canopus audio source in the Audio mixer of the Livestream for Producer or Procaster settings.

So, here's a picture (attached).

Q1) Is this possible?
Q2) If I skip step 5, will the audio mixer sound and the video sound have a minor, but manageable delay?
Q3) If I also include step 5, will the audio coming in from the USB microphone not sync well with the audio coming in from the mixer? I guess it would help, if I could plug in a microphone straight into the mixer, then right?
chitownlounge,

I wouldn't be able to confirm whether you can maintain a low audio latency with this type of setup since you are essentially using 3 intermediary devices which will process audio differently.

Ideally, you would bring your audio and video into 1 device before the canopus in order to reduce latency:

Audio Mixer + Cameras --> RDL device --[RCA]--> Canopus --[Firewire]--> Computer

I would skip the additional USB microphone since that would introduce additional latency.
Old 31st March 2014, 11:01

chitownlounge,
Did you try this and get it to work? I was thinking of something similar and am wondering.

Thanks.
Old 31st March 2014, 12:40

I got the multiple cameras into the video switcher and the audio from the mixer, but I never tried running a mic into the laptop directly via USB and seeing if there's delay between the audio mixer. I would think there would be some delay though.