Old 22nd May 2009, 03:58

Default Choppy Playback

When I stream live I am having no problems. However, when I am playing shows previously recorded during other live sessions the video and audio stops and starts every 5 seconds or so.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:14

This seems to be the norm I am trying to grow a viewer database and the only complaint on the watching side that stands out is this. live flows nice but when I share links with friends via face book or email they say to me looks nice but it keeps stopping is no on addressing this? This is on livestreams mogulus side cause once you get the files it is now yours to distribute?

please update us on this and is this the same for pro users?
Old 24th May 2009, 21:14

After a little experimenting I have found that if my prerecorded clips are shorter than 1 hour they don't seem to chop or lose viewer sync. It also doesn't affect the short video clips that I upload and play.

Maybe someone else can try and verify if that is the same with their channels.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:17
Administrator

Usually issues like this are bandwidth related though if you are experiencing issues like this it may also be an issue with system hardware if you have multiple applications running that are using up available CPU resources. As always if you send us your channel details and steps to replicate what you are seeing a member of our team can work with you one on one to troubleshoot the issue further.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 25th May 2009, 23:17

Call me stupid but how does bandwidth affect my content that was recorded through mogulus and then played back? The live stream was fine, but it is the playback of this prerecorded stream that is choppy. Doesn't this play from your server?
Old 10th July 2009, 06:49

Default Similar issues

I have proplems with choppy playback & lag too. I have an etheral connection of 500 kbps. The speed tests reveal that during times of heavy web traffic I may drop down to 460 kbps. Is their a way to lower the quality of my playback or something to make this stop?

I love the features here, but i`m beginning to get discouraged because there are many people in the world that don`t have that amount of bandwidth available in some areas. I see other services like Livestream, but they only require 150 to 300 kbps. Can`t Livestream do something to make this more viewer friendly?
Old 10th July 2009, 07:37

Thumbs down Update

I just did a speed test & presently I have 5.10 mbps download speed & my playback is constantly freezing up. This is really beginning to irritate me!! This is in the regular widget, not my studio. Can`t Livestream switch to some other type of system like other companies use that is more viewer friendly?

I love Livestream, but this is really making me consider the hell with it & just shut down.
Old 10th July 2009, 08:09

Default Update

I just did a disk clean up & now it seems to be running smooth, but it would be nice if we could make it so less bandwidth could be necessary. There are a lot of areas where high bandwidth isnt available to some people.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:14
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairWitch View Post
I just did a disk clean up & now it seems to be running smooth, but it would be nice if we could make it so less bandwidth could be necessary. There are a lot of areas where high bandwidth isnt available to some people.
You can adjust the total bit rate of your recordings by adjusting the encoder when you stream live accordingly.
The lower the combined bit rates, the more folks on low bandwidth connection will be able to view the streams smoother.

-Dave
Old 10th July 2009, 14:16

yes thanks, David. But I`m referring to videos in my auto pilot that were either imported or uploaded. Not stuff that I recorded myself.