Old 6th March 2013, 20:54

Default Procaster crashing suddenly on mac

I used to have no problems streaming with procaster on mac, but I think since about October I have had problems doing a stream for more than 10 minutes (recently only about 4 or 5) before it crashes and takes forever to boot back up again, only to crash.

I've tried setting the stream to mobile quality (198kbps), closing every program but photoshop (which I need to draw on), lowering photoshop's state memory, lowering its cache memory, restarting, reinstalling procaster, etc. but it still won't stop crashing

I'm running procaster version 20.3.25M

My mac specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03

Is there any way I can run a stream or any settings I could fix? If my mac specs are unideal, how could I better them? Was there something that was changed in October that means I can't stream effectively anymore?
Old 8th March 2013, 16:08
Livestream Producer Support

onorobo,

Do you crash when streaming without Photoshop open? Procaster and Photoshop are both resource intensive application, so it's likely your rig isn't powerful enough to handle both. Perhaps you had better luck with an older version, try downgrading via Procaster's version history. You might want to try version 20.0.89 as a starting point.

Tags
crashing, lagging, mac, procaster, quitting