Old 27th September 2012, 13:13

My son has been having this problem for a couple of weeks with his Livestream channel, televolta. Today he reinstalled Java and tried again, and the problem was the same: "failed" messages when trying to import anything from Youtube. It all worked fine a few weeks ago, but this problem makes it impossible to use Livestream the way he wants to. He uses Chrome, Wndows 7, and is at a location in Spain (well... Catalonia)

Hope you can fix it soon. Cheers
Robert
Old 27th September 2012, 14:11
Administrator

Due to YouTube platform changes that are out of our control this functionality is no longer working. Unfortunately, while we are continuing to investigate a solution it looks like this may not be a functionality we can continue to maintain as a feature. The recommended method for importing clips is to upload them directly from your desktop which will result in the highest quality and reliability.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 27th September 2012, 16:27

Okay, thanks for the information, although it is obviously not good news. And it also directly contradicts what your producer Henry said on this thread a day ago. I suppose you will be making a clearer announcement elsewhere on the Livestream site, because I am sure the people reading this forum are only a small percentage of those who have experienced the problem... I understand this may be out of your control, and may be delicate if you are still talking to youtube about it. However your users will value it if you give them good straight-up information on what is happening. Thanks.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:30
Administrator

It's new information since a day ago when that information (from Henry) was posted. We had been working to implement a fix but that is looking like it will be more difficult to do now. Since it is a part of the Studio there will need to be a change to the studio removing this and addressing it if that is the route we need to take. Thank you for the feedback.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 28th September 2012, 13:49

Default downloading my programs from youtube

the download fails, even with the new java, the upload directly from my computer takes so long the system loses connection after an hour. is there something else i need to do
Old 28th September 2012, 23:48

I have this problem too, i canīt import videos from youtube and i have the last version of java and the browsers.
Old 28th September 2012, 23:57

I have the same problem, i canīt import videos from youtube and i have the last version of java and the browsers firefox, Chrome and explorer..
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:31

You're kidding me. Being a member of livestream for years, since mogulus, you're just going to drop this feature because of a youtube change? Why don't you just go back to how you used to have it, when it wasn't all Java client based. Where you had the option to upload multiple youtube videos at once, without having to sit at the Livestream studio, waiting for it to upload.

There should be no reason for this.
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:42
Administrator

To be clear, the reason for the change to the java client based version that you mention was because of a YouTube platform change at that time. We would have liked to have been able to continue offering that functionality and if we could continue to support the current version of the feature we would. Again, this is happening a result of changes on the YouTube side that are out of our control. Thank you for your understanding.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:20

This is the only feature that has prevented me from switching to Twitch.tv for a streaming service.
They offer a free HD streaming service, which I enjoy very much. However, the main reason why I haven't switched was because of the convenience of the Youtube uploader. As a long time user of Livestream since the mogulus ages, I would be severely disappointed to see such a feature removed.
Closed Thread

Tags
applet, clips, drag, failed, form, import, import from hard drive, import videos, imported, importing, java, livestream, quality, uploading, video, videos, you tube, youtube, youtube batch storyboard, youtube import, youtube importing failed