Old 15th May 2009, 16:21

Default Problems with Stream

Ok so I'm having several problesm with my Procaster I've had it going whilst I'm watching the feed and it has like a 20 second lag, also reports from others say that when I'm trying to strem WoW all they see is a balck screena nd the occasional flash of image, I have viewed tghe stream whilst wow is running and all I seee is a balck screen too.

Now this is my rates from Speedtest [

URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/url]

any thoughts people?
Old 18th May 2009, 19:18
Administrator

Your upstream bandwidth is far too low for streaming in most circumstances. You will need a faster internet connection for better results.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 19th May 2009, 16:17

Default Follow up Q

What is your recommended upload level for live streaming?
How high should be the upload level for a live broadcast of 4 cameras in the same location?

Thanks
Old 19th May 2009, 16:39
Administrator

Generally you will want at least 700Kbps upstream for good quality video, though you can get away with a little less than this in most cases. If you are using other applications or have other browser windows open that are consuming bandwidth you would need more than this.

If you are using multiple cameras and encoding directly through the studio using a program like Wirecast to mix before encoding you will only need as much bandwidth as the bitrate you are streaming at. If you are connecting multiple cameras to multiple computers and mixing within the studio you will need an additional 500Kbps+ per encoding computer as each one is encoding a separate feed.

-Ben
Mogulus Support