Old 23rd December 2012, 07:52

Default FPS isn't staying at what I set it to be

Hi

I am trying to stream a snes emulated game (so it's not very demanding) and I am using custom settings:

Output resolution 800 x 600
Output aspect ratio 4:3
Target frame rate 50 fps
Target bitrate 500 kbps
keyframe intervals 60

The problem is the frame rate. When I start the stream, it will usually say it's streaming at around 45 fps, and despite the CPU usage never going higher than 10%, it will slowly and surely drop to 30fps and just stay there. The weirder thing is that the livestreamer seems to be limiting the fps of the snes emulator I'm using to 30, as the moment I hit stop recording, the snes emulator jumps back to 50 fps, where it should be.

All signs point towards lag because my computer simply isnt good enough to stream, or my internet isn't good enough to stream, but since CPU usage never peaks past 10% and bandwidth used never reaches the target of 500 kbps, I'm not sure what's going on.

Specs:
i7 930 2.8GHz (OC: 3.6GHz)
Sapphire HD 5850 1GB
6 GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Running off 256GB SSD

Internet:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2389963693.png

Thanks very much
Old 26th December 2012, 11:46
Livestream Producer Support

Willsor,

Unfortunately Procaster does not officially support emulators, so there's no way to predict their behavior. You may however want to try broadcasting in screen capture mode at mobile quality, as a target bitrate of 500 is too high if your max upstream is only 600kbps.