#1  
Old 24th November 2012, 15:28
demonhiei7 demonhiei7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Default Games crashing in Game Mode (Windows 8)

I've tried everything, the only thing that works is the beta version of Procaster but only on the initial install. Version 20.3.8P installs and works fine the first time, if I ever try to restart my computer procaster goes back to crashing all my games when I try to stream in game mode.

Specs are... Quadcore 2.8 GHZ, 16 GBs RAM, Cable: 32 up/2 down

Another complaint I have is, I don't have the option to change my install location.

Last edited by demonhiei7; 24th November 2012 at 15:33.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24th November 2012, 20:50
ernielive's Avatar
ernielive ernielive is offline
Livestream Producer Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,489
Default

demonhiei7,

We haven't done much testing in terms of Windows 8 and gaming. Which games have crashed on you?
__________________
Ernie
Livestream Support
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25th November 2012, 15:21
demonhiei7 demonhiei7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
demonhiei7,

We haven't done much testing in terms of Windows 8 and gaming. Which games have crashed on you?
Every game. I have everything updated to the latest, drivers and such, it runs fine in desktop streaming, but if I try to use game mode, the games immediately crash if I try to run them, or if they run at all. Games work fine as well without running Procaster, the only thing that seems to solve it is if I run installation of Procaster.

In short, install procaster, game mode, game runs fine. If I close procaster and run it again, game mode, game crashes immediately on startup, or if I ever select game mode the game crashes.

Last edited by demonhiei7; 25th November 2012 at 15:26.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th November 2012, 13:36
ernielive's Avatar
ernielive ernielive is offline
Livestream Producer Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,489
Default

What is the specific model of your processor? Also, it would be helpful if you could list at least some of the games which are crashing so we can test.
__________________
Ernie
Livestream Support
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28th November 2012, 19:13
demonhiei7 demonhiei7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
What is the specific model of your processor? Also, it would be helpful if you could list at least some of the games which are crashing so we can test.
I'll add the processor name later...

Games that crash:

Payday The Heist
Alien VS Predator
Counter-Strike:Source
Any source enging games (Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress)
Super Meat Boy
Saints Row The Third
Assassin's Creed 3
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29th November 2012, 22:24
demonhiei7 demonhiei7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Exclamation

The processor is called

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30th November 2012, 21:58
ernielive's Avatar
ernielive ernielive is offline
Livestream Producer Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,489
Default

Your CPU likely cannot handle Procaster plus a game. When streaming, Procaster will automatically utilize 3 cores of a QuadCore processor, which doesn't leave much in terms of resources for a game to run smoothly on an older Phenom CPU. I would suggest at least trying Procaster 20.3.10 which is optimized for game mode.
__________________
Ernie
Livestream Support
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:20
demonhiei7 demonhiei7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Your CPU likely cannot handle Procaster plus a game. When streaming, Procaster will automatically utilize 3 cores of a QuadCore processor, which doesn't leave much in terms of resources for a game to run smoothly on an older Phenom CPU. I would suggest at least trying Procaster 20.3.10 which is optimized for game mode.
You would think that, but it runs perfect on Windows 7. I have no problems streaming on Windows 7, I did so before making the jump. The problem is Procaster isn't working well for Windows 8, in this case something in the registry is messing up, because procaster works fine on initial install and then checking the option to run Procaster after install. As soon it is restarted, some option/dll/line of code/registry runs that it didn't run post install, causing Procaster to crash any game. You can also see in my channel, that streams run fine and look fine on Windows 8, if I reinstall Procaster.

I will try out that version of Procaster.

EDIT: On a further note, I am using that version, its the only version that works on Windows 8.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:30
coryfrans coryfrans is offline
Livestream Procaster Support
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhiei7 View Post
You would think that, but it runs perfect on Windows 7. I have no problems streaming on Windows 7, I did so before making the jump. The problem is Procaster isn't working well for Windows 8, in this case something in the registry is messing up, because procaster works fine on initial install and then checking the option to run Procaster after install. As soon it is restarted, some option/dll/line of code/registry runs that it didn't run post install, causing Procaster to crash any game. You can also see in my channel, that streams run fine and look fine on Windows 8, if I reinstall Procaster.

I will try out that version of Procaster.

EDIT: On a further note, I am using that version, its the only version that works on Windows 8.
Hello,

Just to be sure...did this version help out? And what version did you have before hand?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crashing, game mode, procaster, windows 8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump