Old 12th October 2012, 12:59

Default wont let me log in to twitcam

i try to log in with my twitter and it works, and it redirects me but then it closes and takes me back to the home page as if i never logged in! i have 44,000 people on twitter i need to broadcast to! help? im on a macbook. it always used to work until last night!
Old 13th October 2012, 16:24

Exclamation TwitCams Gone! Major Bug?

It's been 3 days since most of my twitcam-using friends on twitter (mostly from Brazil, Spain and Lithuania) are complaining that they can't access twitcam either to broadcast and sometimes not even to comment.

Do you have any news about what is happening? Since I don't do broadcasts myself, I'm not sure what's up, but their complaints are widespread on twitter. Twitcam access seems to be quite unstable.

Also, I know some websites such as tweetcam.me help keep track of online twitcams, but in the last 3 days their engine apparently can't find any cams at all! (you can see the page is almost empty, whereas typically it would find and display links to, say, 30 ttcams at a time). Is this a problem with livestream, twitter, or what?
Old 13th October 2012, 17:25
Livestream Producer Support

Yesterday we experienced an issue which affected the ability for Twitcam users to login to the Twitcam platform. We have since found the root cause and resolved the issue. You should no longer be experiencing login problems.

If you do continue to experience difficulties, please let us know.
Old 13th October 2012, 17:34

Exclamation

Sorry, but why did you move my post? The problem apparently continues today, so it's unrelated to the previous poster's. I've seen people complaining today, so it might be the same bug still ocurring in some places. Crucially, if you look at the website link I gave you, you'll see that it still can't find twitcams. Not just that website, but ALL websites that help keep track of twitcams online are not working!, only finding 2 or 3 ttcams at a time instead of 30, 40. And this problem began at the same time as the reported bug. What's going on?
Old 13th October 2012, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leksszon View Post
Sorry, but why did you move my post? The problem apparently continues today, so it's unrelated to the previous poster's. I've seen people complaining today, so it might be the same bug still ocurring in some places. Crucially, if you look at the website link I gave you, you'll see that it still can't find twitcams. Not just that website, but ALL websites that help keep track of twitcams online are not working!, only finding 2 or 3 ttcams at a time instead of 30, 40. And this problem began at the same time as the reported bug. What's going on?
Leksszon,

I am unsure why the Tweetcam.me site does not have the usual amount of Twitcam streams available. However, I am able to see at least 50 twitcam streams currently live on the platform.

If you know anyone who is experiencing issues going live, please have them contact us so we may directly troubleshoot.
Old 13th October 2012, 17:50

Thanks, I'll do so. Anyway, as I said, ALL such websites seem to be experiencing problems in displaying the right number of twitcams online, and since this began at the same time as the connection bug, I thought they could be related.

Could a recent technical change (code change, bug-fixing) have caused this strange problem in twitcam-centered websites? This is quite major, since at least in countries I know well, in South America and Spain, such websites are widely used to find twitcam chats online, and probably account for a large percentage, sometimes maybe even a majority, of viewership there.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:30

Exclamation

Ok then, I created a new twitter and tried to comment on TwitCam myself. Then, something Weird happened!

I noticed the following: after I login, I can't just write a comment on the chat box and click "Say" anymore; the message won't go through. I have to get back to my twitter and write a tweet in this way: "message+twitcam address" and then the message gets through. In other words, the regular twitcam chat is not working, only through a workaround.

At the same time, websites like tweetcam.me or twitcams.net still can't find/display the correct number of twitcams online as they used to until 2 days ago.

So I'm guessing in the last 2 days there was some major code change either on the twitter side or the livestream side of things that has caused trouble and should be fixed somehow. 3 days ago, before the first bug fix, people couldn't connect, now many can't chat except through a workaround, and "find twitcams" websites are all broken. Some weird problem there.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:51

Is the commenting bug occurring on a particular Twitcam broadcast, or does it occur across any Twitcam you try to comment on? If the former, could you please provide the URL of the twitcam? I've tested on a few Twitcam broadcasts and cannot reproduce the behavior.
Old 13th October 2012, 21:25

In ALL twitcams with the http://twitcam.livestream.com/ADDRESS format. And by the looks of my twitter timestream, it isn't just me: some other friends complained, while for others it works...

As I said, the connection bug seems to have been fixed, but now there is this annoying chat bug and also the "find twitcams websites" bug I reported earlier which is far worse even.

Let me ask again: do you know if there was any major coding change lately? I ask because in this case I can at least try to contact the sites webmasters and see if they have been working on compatibility fixes. I don't even mind chatting through the workaround, but not being able to visualize the main ttcams in a single page is really a problem. As I said, accessing twitcam through these sites is very popular in some places. We're just used to it .

Anyway, hoping someone will find a solution for these two problems soon.
Thanks!

Last edited by Leksszon; 13th October 2012 at 21:30.
Old 15th October 2012, 02:35

Exclamation

So, both bugs I reported earlier are still ocurring.

Regular Twitcam Chat DOES NOT work in any cam, except through the workaround I mentioned before. I've seen many many people complain on twitter, so I'm surprised a solution hasn't appeared.

Also, "find twitcam" websites such as tweetcam.me are all broken and mostly can't find twitcam streams anymore.
Are twitter or livestream blocking such third-party websites?

Both "bugs" came up at the same time, so I'm convinced they must be related; maybe it's some major Code overhaul/update or something.

Anyway, so far no solution and, worse, no explanation.

Twitcam is pretty much useless right now for us having these problems (and I'm sure we're many, otherwise I wouldn't see so many complaints in my twitter stream about that). I think I'll get in touch with Twitter support as well and see if the problem is on their end...

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Leksszon; 15th October 2012 at 02:55.

Tags
twitcam, twitter