Old 21st February 2010, 21:14

Default So, is livestream running out of bandwidth?

Seriously, this has to be the only reason why there is so much streaming problems and stuff. I haven't stream games in months because every time I try it lags like crazy and drops out all the time. I have a 10/1 connection plan with my isp. I have a free basic plan with livestream. So in procaster I set the fps to 25, the kbps to 400, max for plan, and the audio to 64 kbps, max for plan. I never ever get that speed in the preview window, it is always at 7-9 fps with kbps at 100-150. I know there is no problem with my upload because I seed torrents at almost 100 kBps (800 kbps) all the time.
Old 21st February 2010, 21:51

I guess so. I started streaming like, half a year to a year ago, and since then Livestream and Procaster have been rapidly dropping in quality.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:51

Yeah... I've been streaming for over a year and tonight was especially horrible.
Old 22nd February 2010, 08:47

Woke up this morning and decided to try to stream, been streaming at a steady 25 fps since 6:30am to 7:30am est with the same settings I said before. I also believe at this time there are a lot less steamers and viewer then there are at say, 8pm est? So, it is most definitely a bandwidth issue on Livestream's side.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:59

I got the exact same problem. It's buffering all the time. Very frustrating
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:55

Now at 12 PM est, I try to stream again and I can't...
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:16

also i noticed now it keeps loading the facebook and twitter checks ever few seconds, can you change it to like once an hour or something? i dont need to know every second whats going on with twitter. also anyone else hame names constantly getting stuck in chat? i cant login to my own chat cause my username is stuck, so i cant moderate. eventhough im logged both into procaster and livestream i cant mod my chat cause some erro made a ghost of my name? its just plain silly that i cant exercise my mod rights without having to have my default chat name
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:44

Default Whats the deal?

I recently upgraded to premium service and I have perceived this issue.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:23

I too am now having a problem, last week I was able to cast for 7+ hours a night with no FPS drop and my Upload rate according to procaster floated anywhere in the 1,900-2,200 kbps range. Last night I would try to cast and my frames inside the game were at a solid 30 FPS but procaster was only showing 9-15 and my upload rate was barely at 1,000 kbps.
I tried everything from reinstalling procaster and making sure everything was the same. Now procaster chat is so laggy it is unusable and I am running into the same problem as last night.

I tried it at about 7am EST and everything was running fine like before but it is now 11:30am EST and the same problems are slowly coming back. Anyone have any idea's what is going on?
Old 3rd March 2010, 06:59
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Yes, those time periods mentioned correspond to the difficulties I have been experiencing with the studio not refreshing or syncing as well.This makes it hard to tell whether you are streaming live or not, or even if the auto-pilot is working.

Not fun.

Last edited by davidaron; 3rd March 2010 at 07:01.