Verification advice for upcoming live event? Clock's tickin' and we're a sweatin'..
I must say that all these threads have been very educational. I've had my verification rejected twice and was starting to panic until I did the research and started reading other users' experiences.
Still pending approval, but wondering if anyone could give some advice/experience for a specific situation:
PROJECT: A live 3 day webcast of monster movies (see www.100ymm.com or more info; our facebook page is most active right now), each hosted by a "horror host". Host pieces will come live from one location and films will be queued in another. Two well-known celebrities have given verbal okays to introduce specific films, but until I get them to sign something I don't want to publicize the names.
80% of the films are in the public domain, 20% of the films are being donated by an independent video label and I have a signed agreement with them.
Event is in 4 weeks. I do not anticipate (nor do I encourage) any viewing until the weekend of the event.
1. Initial rejection: because there was no content in the channel.
Remedy: we loaded a bunch of test content from an earlier test channel; some of it we did not have permission for
2. Second rejection (this evening): because LS could not verify that we had the permission to use the content.
Remedy: We've taken down everything but the public domain content and will resubmit with scan of agreement with video company.
Now I'm trying to anticipate other issues based on what I'm reading.
1. Rejection based on small audience. I won't have an audience until we go live. So I'm trying to anticipate this Catch-22 and nip it in the bud.
2. Rejection based on not all content being loaded. We will be loading 35 movies, 90 minutes each, and at a 1.5x running time upload, it will be a long time before we're totally loaded.
3. Reliable contact. I can understand from the sheer volume od people developing channels that a phone contact is deliberately made unavailable. However, we have ads running in publications and my PR guys are yelling at me to send out a release, and I'm holding back because I was simply not expecting these roadblocks. desperately seek something other than canned responses or policy quotes. Would prefer to discuss specifics of the project so I can develop workarounds tailored to LiveStream's T&C.
So, I'm hoping a LiveStream rep can see this and advise or contact me, or a producer with similar experience can guide me. With 4 weeks until the event, there is considerable pants-crapping among the staff. Not to mention my own, as I'm stalling those aforementioned celebrities until I know that we're verified.
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Thanx in advance,
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|