Old 3rd November 2009, 11:23

Default Mac Beta first thoughts

First, i want to remind anyone who is reading this and using the mac BETA that this is BETA software. You ARE going to have problems, it IS going to crash or not even start in some cases and it is NOT going to do everything you want and the things it does wont always work right. This is what BETA versions are, early releases of software with known issues so that the issues can be addressed and fixed by the developers. What is needed here is feedback, not complaints that it does not work and all hope is abandoned for your project, life or what ever. Tell them what it does on your system, give them feedback like the following.

Mac Pro
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)

Procaster starts slowly under 10.6.1, will not start under 10.5.x on my machine. When it starts it is half on each screen or in the middle of my 2 screen setup. I think it is viewing the middle of total screens(x2) width, not the start-up only.
When it starts there are long pauses and spinning wheel after every click. It does take some patience to get logged in and broadcasting. Once it does the delays go away and the app seems to be running normally. It will sometimes run for a long time and other times it crashes after a few minutes. My cameras and screen work, but the green crop marks can be seen in the broadcast.

Please try to add second or even third, fourth screen selection soon, I think a lot of people will use that feature most, myself included. many apps lets us use different screens, would be nice to do that.

Thanks for the Mac version, finally.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:17

Default Easy Come, Easy Go

Procaster for Mac worked for me like a charm when I first installed it (using OSX 10.6.1). But when I rebooted my computer this am, it keeps hanging when I try to initiate a stream. No matter which channel or username I use, this happens. Both Pro account and standard. I tried every possible video configuration.

I could submit the Mac's problem report here, but it's a really long list of details. Is there something in particular I should be looking for, or a specific set of circumstances that might be causing me to get the pinwheel of death every time?
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:26
Procaster Team

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moabyte View Post
First, i want to remind anyone who is reading this and using the mac BETA that this is BETA software. You ARE going to have problems, it IS going to crash or not even start in some cases and it is NOT going to do everything you want and the things it does wont always work right. This is what BETA versions are, early releases of software with known issues so that the issues can be addressed and fixed by the developers. What is needed here is feedback, not complaints that it does not work and all hope is abandoned for your project, life or what ever. Tell them what it does on your system, give them feedback like the following.

Mac Pro
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)

Procaster starts slowly under 10.6.1, will not start under 10.5.x on my machine. When it starts it is half on each screen or in the middle of my 2 screen setup. I think it is viewing the middle of total screens(x2) width, not the start-up only.
When it starts there are long pauses and spinning wheel after every click. It does take some patience to get logged in and broadcasting. Once it does the delays go away and the app seems to be running normally. It will sometimes run for a long time and other times it crashes after a few minutes. My cameras and screen work, but the green crop marks can be seen in the broadcast.

Please try to add second or even third, fourth screen selection soon, I think a lot of people will use that feature most, myself included. many apps lets us use different screens, would be nice to do that.

Thanks for the Mac version, finally.
thanks!! fully agree.
it's definitely a bug with dual screen. will be fixed.

Lior, Livestream
Old 4th November 2009, 14:41
Procaster Team

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmann View Post
Procaster for Mac worked for me like a charm when I first installed it (using OSX 10.6.1). But when I rebooted my computer this am, it keeps hanging when I try to initiate a stream. No matter which channel or username I use, this happens. Both Pro account and standard. I tried every possible video configuration.

I could submit the Mac's problem report here, but it's a really long list of details. Is there something in particular I should be looking for, or a specific set of circumstances that might be causing me to get the pinwheel of death every time?
Hi

did you try with the same machine user? Does this user has admin rights?

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 19th February 2010, 16:01

Default Spinning wheel

Wheel spins and system locks up when I enter livestream site, and also when I try to broadcast. Is there a flash based issue? Everything was working great for a while, then something happened. Mac OSX 10.5.8. I've noticed others have issues as well with the "spinning wheel". Would a virtual machine running Windows Vista on a Mac work better?

Thanks, D
Old 19th February 2010, 16:32
Procaster Team

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180studentministries View Post
Wheel spins and system locks up when I enter livestream site, and also when I try to broadcast. Is there a flash based issue? Everything was working great for a while, then something happened. Mac OSX 10.5.8. I've noticed others have issues as well with the "spinning wheel". Would a virtual machine running Windows Vista on a Mac work better?

Thanks, D
Indeed might be Flash related. Many of the issues are.

Have you recently installed some new browser plugin?

Maybe try a browser/flash cache clear.

HTH, Do ;et us know
Lior, Livestream
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:46

Default installed plugin

Yes, I updated to the Flash Player 10, as well as the shockwave Flash player. Literally every site that contains flash, freezes/spinning wheel.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:05
Livestream Project Manager

This could be related to Flash itself. Try clearing your Flash cookies:

To delete your Flash cookies:
Right click within the livestream player window or other flash window, click settings. Move the local storage setting to 0, close window, then re-open. Move the storage to 100kb, save, then refresh the page.