Old 15th February 2010, 01:36

Default The new chat in Procaster

The old chat was perfectly fine and easy to use. There are many things I would like to complain about, but I'm sure I'll get used to most of the changes. HOWEVER. There is one thing I can not deal with. In the old chat, I had the ability to have a nickname besides my account name. Now, if I want to have the nickname I always use, I have to log out and lose my mod status. This is extremely frustrating because I used that nickname exclusively. Nobody knows me by my account name. Why can't I moderate my own channel with the nickname that I want?
Old 15th February 2010, 01:42

After exploring the new chat a little further, I would like to say that there are some things that I do approve of, such as being able to remove a specific users messages and IP banning.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:44

Default new chat

i find the new chat harder to use and confusing for readers, who constantly ask if they need to be logged in to use it.

my main issue is that i have created a second channel. on this channel, i do not see the tools icon for moderating the chat. i can't clear the chat or ban users etc.

i am signed in, and i "own" the channel. why doesn't all the chat functionality work on that channel, too?
Old 16th February 2010, 01:26

Default New chat

I agree Orange. The old chat was much nicer. I hope they move it back to the way it was.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:45

I would also like to request that the color picker changes the color of the text, not the color of your name.

Tags
chat, procaster