Old 7th October 2008, 14:35

Default How to use my mp3 files with my studio

Hello.
I'd like to know if is possible to use the mp3 files that are stored in my computer using it with a specifical software.
I know that's possible to make this thing with an external mixer but is this possible with a software like webcammax?
Thanks for your help!
Old 8th October 2008, 03:06
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalsavive View Post
Hello.
I'd like to know if is possible to use the mp3 files that are stored in my computer using it with a specifical software.
I know that's possible to make this thing with an external mixer but is this possible with a software like webcammax?
Thanks for your help!
lasalsavive,

While running your Webcammax or other 3rd party software which you can then choose as a live video source in the studio , try playing back the audio files using the software you normally use to do that, and patch a mini jack cable from the line out on your sound card to line or mic. in, and choose that input in the audio section in the studio as well. Just remember, that all sounds emitting from your desktop will now stream out. Alternatively, you could just patch an external hardware mp3/DVD/CD player to the line in on your computer, and use that as a source. The latter is the solution that I prefer.

Last edited by davidaron; 8th October 2008 at 03:10.
Old 8th October 2008, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
lasalsavive,

While running your Webcammax or other 3rd party software which you can then choose as a live video source in the studio , try playing back the audio files using the software you normally use to do that, and patch a mini jack cable from the line out on your sound card to line or mic. in, and choose that input in the audio section in the studio as well. Just remember, that all sounds emitting from your desktop will now stream out. Alternatively, you could just patch an external hardware mp3/DVD/CD player to the line in on your computer, and use that as a source. The latter is the solution that I prefer.
Hi and thanks for your reply!
About your idea to connect an external hardware I alreay try it and it work fine even there's a little problem.
In fact I can use only the mp3 reader or the microfone, in this way I can't use all the two sources together.
I think it could be possible only with an hardware mixer or pheraps with a software mixer.
What did u think about this thing?
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Old 9th October 2008, 02:25
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalsavive View Post
Hi and thanks for your reply!
About your idea to connect an external hardware I alreay try it and it work fine even there's a little problem.
In fact I can use only the mp3 reader or the microfone, in this way I can't use all the two sources together.
I think it could be possible only with an hardware mixer or pheraps with a software mixer.
What did u think about this thing?
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
If you want to mix them use an external mixer, if you want to switch between them you can do that in the studio. I've never tried software mixers with Mogulus, so I can't say whether you could get one to show up in the studio, or not. Try it!