Old 11th November 2009, 10:50

Lightbulb Channel RSS feed

You have many RSS based API responses listed here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...el_Information

But I have been looking for a way to retrieve clip title information without having to load the stream first. So I'm proposing a RSS feed for linear channels that lists the the latest clip titles and the time that each title started.

This RSS feed would allow fans to be alerted when a camera comes online or check when the last time the channel was not playing a "Livestream" test pattern autopilot. A feature I'm sure many livestream broadcasters and viewers could take advantage of quickly. I hope you will consider this suggestion or an equivalent.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:50

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANaNiMuSe View Post
You have many RSS based API responses listed here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...el_Information

But I have been looking for a way to retrieve clip title information without having to load the stream first. So I'm proposing a RSS feed for linear channels that lists the the latest clip titles and the time that each title started.

This RSS feed would allow fans to be alerted when a camera comes online or check when the last time the channel was not playing a "Livestream" test pattern autopilot.
This would be impossible since ALL stations on auto pilot are required to have the test pattern as one of the videos in the library & it CANNOT be deleted (I know this as I own a few 24/7 auto pilot stations & having tried to delete the test pattern video clip myself a few times).
Quote:
A feature I'm sure many livestream broadcasters and viewers could take advantage of quickly. I hope you will consider this suggestion or an equivalent.
How 'bout a Twitter alert which can be automatically sent out to every viewer that follows you? This would be more practical that what you're proposing IMO.

Just my opinion.....

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO

Last edited by asmyworldturns; 18th November 2009 at 23:52.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmyworldturns View Post
This would be impossible since ALL stations on auto pilot are required to have the test pattern as one of the videos in the library & it CANNOT be deleted (I know this as I own a few 24/7 auto pilot stations & having tried to delete the test pattern video clip myself a few times).How 'bout a Twitter alert which can be automatically sent out to every viewer that follows you? This would be more practical that what you're proposing IMO.

Just my opinion.....

Cheers
I dont have the test pattern anymore and was delete...key is you need other video in auto pilot to work