Old 14th November 2009, 03:13

Default Livestream Verification

Hello, sorry to post a thread like this as i'm sure there's an answer somewhere, but i'm having a hard time finding it.

I wanted to start a channel for vintage video game streams (8-16 bit) with possible commentary. If my channel is unverified, will it not be included the list of channels that people search for?

Furthermore, if I was to attempt to get verified, how much auto-pilot content do I need? The e-mail I got back didn't give me much in the way of tips on how to get verified. Is there a minimum amount of time I have to be live each month?

Thanks for the help, I really want to get this project off the ground. I figure people want to see something OTHER then World Of Warcraft games all day, lol.
Old 18th November 2009, 19:49

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushnerd View Post
I wanted to start a channel for vintage video game streams (8-16 bit) with possible commentary. If my channel is unverified, will it not be included the list of channels that people search for?
No.
Quote:
Furthermore, if I was to attempt to get verified, how much auto-pilot content do I need? The e-mail I got back didn't give me much in the way of tips on how to get verified. Is there a minimum amount of time I have to be live each month?
There really isn't a defined amount of content you need to have like there is with Internet Radio, which the DMCA was born as a result of the success of.

The thing with LiveStream's verification is it's a process which is just simply time consuming, unreliable & undependable at best (At worst, NO ONE in the Verification Department IS DOING THEIR (Insert your favorite explicit word here) JOB > << -- LOOK OF ANGER). I have a lifecasting stream that I can't even get verified (Lifecasting is basically just a simple webcam stream with (In my case) some videos I did long ago that run in auto pilot when I'm not on live with the cam). I've tried submitting it TIME & TIME AGAIN & have yet to hear back from Alex (The person who heads up the Verification Department) or one of his/her staff in the Department.

As such, I'd expect PIGS TO GROW WINGS & FLY before you or I get verified. >

In short, you'd have a MUCH better chance of putting up a basic website, embedding the player somewhere on the site & getting your 50 viewers from site visitors who arrive via A WEBRING than you would from the LiveStream site itself (I'm in th process of building a nice website myself). I know from an ad revenue standpoint, that's backwards logic, but hey - WHAT CAN YA DO?? Know what I mean?
Quote:
Thanks for the help, I really want to get this project off the ground. I figure people want to see something OTHER then World Of Warcraft games all day, lol.
Good luck with your project.

As for games, why not put up some Madden 2010??? Sure it's a football video game, but the games aren't real. There shouldn't be anything stopping you that I know of. Just a thought.

Again.....Good luck with your project.

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO

Last edited by asmyworldturns; 18th November 2009 at 21:33.
Old 27th November 2009, 17:02

Default when am I gonna be verified?

Yea I made this account 2 days ago I think and Im wondering how long its gonna take to verify my channel. Is it because of the music I play in the background when i work? because if thats the case I can turn the sound off.

http://livestream.com/demonjack123 my livestream channel
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:18

Send a message via Skype™ to cristiantm
Thumbs up

I had no problems at all with the verification process. In fact, It seems very good and quick for me.

First submission, I had just put some videos from youtube that shows our music group. They asked for more content.

Then I've uploaded some videos that we have from our music group, recorded on higher quality.

Then they asked for evidence that I've authorization over the content.

Then I emailed them asking to take a look on the last live transmission I've made. It was clear that the musicians are the same in the recorded and live videos. Some hours later the channel was activated as verified..

Quick, easy and with no problems at all. Sad that other people are not having the same experience.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:50

So, did you have to remove the youtube Videos?
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:18

Send a message via Skype™ to cristiantm

me? no!

They are all still there. But they are videos that are not copyrighted.
Old 4th January 2010, 07:49

Exclamation My Channel is not showing up

Whenever I or someone else tried to visit my channel page ( http://www.livestream.com/bamboochutes )it says "Sorry, we couldn't find that page. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. If you typed the address (URL) in manually, it's possible that it may have been misspelled."

I tried creating a new channel as well, and it still didn't work. I'm a new member to this site, So I don't know if it's a channel verification issue or what..
Old 20th April 2010, 19:35

Default About Channel Verification being rejected

Hello,

I received a message that the indianaskywarn2 channel was rejected for verification. Have included the rejection email message below, and would like to know why it was rejected since I have content playing in the autopilot, and the minimum requirements that are listed state that you should have something playing and there is nothing about that it has to be a certain length or file size. All the required information on the verification form was filled out. There was even a detailed explanation given about why the indianaskywarn2 channel should become verified in the supporting notes section.

Thank you for your time,

Indiana Skywarn

Livestream Free Channel Verification
Application not approved for indianaskywarn2
Unfortunately, we cannot approve your application at this time, due to the following
issues:
New, inactive or small channel:
The quantity of recorded / uploaded content on your channel is not developed enough
to meet livestream.com publishing / editorial requirements. Please don't hesitate to
re-submit when your channel grows.
To re-submit your application, please address any issues above before following the
verification link from your 'My Channels' page. In the meantime, we hope you will
continue to enjoy the Livestream Free service for your unverified channel.
Thank you.
&mdash; The Livestream Team
Old 21st April 2010, 09:56
Livestream Verification Team

Default Channel

Hi there,

Your channel was previously rejected based on an empty autopilot and a lack of content. Your channel has been approved, and we apologize for any confusion.

Livestream

Last edited by alexlivestream; 21st April 2010 at 10:01.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:00

Default Thank you

Thank you for your prompt response.

Tags
account, administrator moderator, apbm, application, can not find channel, channel, channel verification, delete video, deny, difficult, feedback, form, help upload, help verification urgent, inactive or small channel, issue, issues, limit, listing, livestream, minimum, pending.verification, problem, quantity, rejected, requirements, verification, verification denied, verified, verify, verify channel, verifying, viewer