Old 22nd March 2009, 01:19

Exclamation Problem with Live Broadcast

I am having issues with my Live broadcast. And it has happened more than once. Everything seems to work fine until suddenly my live feed drops off and after about 30-40 secs I get a cannot connect to channel msg. This is getting very frustrating. I have tried different computers and IE and Firefox. Everything was great until recently. I have been monitoring my CPU and my Bandwidth and I am only well in my usable limits ( below 70% CPU and 1.5 Mbs) I really need to know what is going on because I am unable to perform a 1 hour broadcast without logging back on at least 4-5 times which is annoying at best

Last edited by rndspringer; 22nd March 2009 at 01:43.
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:02

Default I've experienced the same problem multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndspringer View Post
I am having issues with my Live broadcast. And it has happened more than once. Everything seems to work fine until suddenly my live feed drops off and after about 30-40 secs I get a cannot connect to channel msg. This is getting very frustrating. I have tried different computers and IE and Firefox. Everything was great until recently. I have been monitoring my CPU and my Bandwidth and I am only well in my usable limits ( below 70% CPU and 1.5 Mbs) I really need to know what is going on because I am unable to perform a 1 hour broadcast without logging back on at least 4-5 times which is annoying at best
+1 Same problem
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:04
Banned

Same to me. when I was doing to put it live on the new channel I have, then in some point, mogulus studio crashed or froze, or it gave me the "Could not connect to channel" message.
I'm really Mad at mogulus for all the problems there done. there just helping the big companies now that have the PRO packet and not caring of the people who originally helped mogulus that were the Beta testers of summer 2007.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:29

Default No reply

Wow, Its been over a week and I haven't gotten a reply to my question. Thanks to you all that did confirm you have the same issues. it's amazing to see the lack of respect this company is showing towards its users. Even if we are free user, we do have advertisements on our broadcasts. I was actually working on getting my channel verified, but why should I now if I can't even do the simplest broadcast 1-2 hours per week. I am a video developer and I've worked with TV stations and currently the US government. I will definitely be steering them towards other technologies, if this is the best they can do.
Old 4th April 2009, 21:04
Administrator

Apologies for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm not familiar with this and have not heard similar complaints from other users but if you are still experiencing it contact us at info@mogulus.com and we can work with you directly to determine the cause.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Last edited by benhomer; 5th April 2009 at 12:16.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:38

Default Problem fouond

Actually Ben I think I have found the problem. I have been using a wireless connection to access Mogulus. On a final inspiration, I connected via hard wire direct connect. So I think it was a wireless latency issue as I didn't experience the issue while plugged in.

I do apologize if I cam e across rather rude in my previous post. I know you all work hard there on the Mogulus staff. Though I was feeling slightly ignored. Thank you for your reply Ben.

-Richard
Old 15th April 2009, 21:02

I am experiencing the same exact problem. I have already reported it and waiting on a reply. I also am using a wireless network, however my fiance's laptop is on the same network and the site works fine on hers. Also, the site has worked fine on my wireless network for the past month up until a couple days ago. So nothing has changed on my end and still it works for my fiance's computer but not mine. Does anyone have anymore insight into this issue?
Old 26th October 2009, 17:05

Default Connection issues

"...contact us at info@mogulus.com and we can work with you directly..."

Seems like that's the standard answer to everything around here. I can't connect either to my studio. And I have reduced the security settings, turned off my firewall, disabled my McAfee vireus program, and it STILL doesn't connect. I am on cable with 10 megs up and 3 megs down with no other connection issues with any other software. I use WinXP, I have no viruses, no system issues whatsoever. So this issue is on the Livestream side of the house.

What's the fix? Forget about the "contact us at info@mogulus.com and we can work with you directly" ...just post the fix.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:48

Default Not a bad solution

Honestly though, it's hard to just "post the answer" when everyone may not be experiencing the problem the same way or for the same reasons. If you truly are having issues, it's good to check the forums for a solution, but if you don't find one, email them. I'm in about that place myself. I've had a lot of trouble getting stability, and if I can't find a solution here, I'm planning on emailing and see if they have a solution that will work for me. I agree it's not preferred, but in a case like this, it may be the best solution.

Tags
broadcast, disconnect, error, live