Old 6th July 2009, 16:31

Default LIVE is not LIVE

The stream showing on my website is not the stream from my camera - I'm very confused! there seems to be a significant time delay (ie minutes) between what happens on camera and what shows on screen - how do I simply stream live and have my viewers watch live? I'm not interested in cue-ing or any other fancy stuff - just want a simple feed - when my viewers tune in they see what's happening now. I'm using procaster.

On further investigation it seems that my viewers always go to the START of my stream - they don't pick it up live - I've tried all the combinations of options in the livestream tab of procaster - I can't use the web interface because it simply crashes out whatever browser I'm trying to use - have had to go back to a previous (inferior) streaming supplier in the meantime - please guys - any ideas?

Last edited by oddjones; 6th July 2009 at 20:19.
Old 28th July 2009, 03:39

I'm having the same problem. A live feed is essential for our situation but the best I have managed is about a 5 second lag. This would be the perfect solution if it weren't for this one problem. Any thoughts, anyone?
Old 28th July 2009, 11:16

guys! I need delay! About one minute... better say how to make it :-)

When i fully load my outcoming channel, i still had lag about 15-20 seconds, i need more!
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:32

Well I don't know what you guys are talking about, I get only a 1-5 second delay.

Check that your computers are modern (Dual/Quad core with 2.5+ Ghz, 2gb+ ram, video card made within the last 2 years). And you aren't trying to stream high quality very from a low speed internet source (I have 2mbps upload and I can only support a modest stream.)

Remember, streaming is very very intensive on your computer and internet connection. Internet connection mostly.
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:56

Default delays

There will always be a delay due to the relay time. Learn to live with it. I use VidBlaster as my production unit before streaming to LiveStream. There are sometimes a 1-2 second delay, and dependent upon your computer, ISP, time of day etc as to how long your delay will be? I do know radio stations use a delay when remote broadcasting, but that takes special equipment. I do pre-recorded and live broadcasting and work only with my production computer, not the receiving computer so as not to become confused. Once in awhile you will get almost instantaneous transmit-receive timing, but not all the time.
I do football games live, using radio play by play for sound, but not trying to time the video from cameras with the voice..it works. As for gaming, I don't know, but would suggest getting used to lag..it will be sometime before it is truely live, completely syncnd internet video without spending some money.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:28

it depends on where you live, and what your ping is.
Old 23rd October 2009, 03:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I do football games live, using radio play by play for sound, but not trying to time the video from cameras with the voice..it works. As for gaming, I don't know, but would suggest getting used to lag..it will be sometime before it is truely live, completely syncnd internet video without spending some money.
Don't count on that. Even Live TV from TV stations really isn't Live. Remember, their signals bounce off satellites & transmitters BEFORE they reach you. Radio stations that carry news at the top of the hour isn't really Live either. The station has to pluck that off the satellites & then retransmit it to you. THESE THINGS TAKE TIME.

Even back in the days of World War II, news from the radio wasn't really Live as (Again!) IT TOOK TIME for the remote signal to reach the network (And even that was tedious & testy at times due to the technology of the day), more time for the network's signal to reach the local station & EVEN MORE time for the local station's signal to reach the listener.

While technology has improved radio & telephone (Which also isn't Live in a real-time sense either despite claims to the contrary) communications over the years since World War II, ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES RF TO TRAVEL TO ALL OF ITS DESTINATIONS WILL TAKE TIME.

BTW - For those who don't know, RF stands for Radio Frequency. JFYI.....

In other words & the bottom line is this - There is AND NEVER WILL BE such a thing as "Real-Time" or "Synchronized" live ANYTHING. It's just an ABSOLUTE impossibility & boils down to the laws of physics.

As such, the world is just gonna have to deal with & accept this fact.

Just my $.02 worth.....

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO

Last edited by asmyworldturns; 23rd October 2009 at 04:00.